Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Klonopin and Ativan  (Read 190 times)

Offline kvndl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • ----
    • Poke This Member
Klonopin and Ativan
« on: August 28, 2014, 07:06:40 PM »
So some of you know I was prescribed klonopin since Ativan wasn't working for me anymore. But then I made the mistake of taking the klonopin in the morning and it just made me feel numb and I hated that since the anxiety itself was enough to deal with. I didn't want to deal with numbness either.

So I went back to taking Ativan and it was kinda working again, but what I'm wondering is: is it ok to take klonopin tonight even though I took Ativan last night? It won't effect me or anything will it?

Or should I take half of it? It's .5 mg btw.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 134
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Klonopin and Ativan
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 07:43:12 PM »
but what I'm wondering is: is it ok to take klonopin tonight even though I took Ativan last night? It won't effect me or anything will it?

That should be fine as Ativan has a short half-life, about 12-15 hours. Doing the reverse may be a little more problematic because the half-life of Klonopin is up to 40 hours, although it still wouldn't be physically harmful except by increasing the risk of accidents, falls, etc, a little. It is probably best to stick with one or the other.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline kvndl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • ----
    • Poke This Member
Re: Klonopin and Ativan
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 07:57:59 PM »
Ok thank you! :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything