Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Introducing Myself  (Read 169 times)

Offline SpicyJ2u

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introducing Myself
« on: August 28, 2014, 04:54:27 PM »
Hello everyone! I was told of this site by a pen pal friend. She told me that it would be good for me to check it out and that I can get information from others. I have anxiety and panic disorder. I've had them since I was a little girl. People thought that I was a nervous child and would tell me I would grow out of it. I would have "nervous spells" over the years. I was in high school when I had my first full blown panic attack, I didn't know it was called that. I thought I was dying. I told my teacher who called the school nurse. It was dismissed as probably catching the flu. After high school the attacks came about once every 3 months. I was in college and couldn't focus. I dropped out after my junior year because the attacks were coming more often. Finally when I was 24 years old a doctor told me that I had something called anxiety attacks. I went to a psychologist to seek help, I was given exercises to do and told I would get over it. I became housebound for 3 years, only leaving the house on rare occasions such as ER visits. I felt I couldn't breathe. I hyperventilate a lot. I go into full blown panic. I'm scared. I try reading books about it. I've had this disorder for over 20 years. I take Xanax 3 times a day, 1 mg.  I'm looking for help & support. Thank you for reading
Bookmark and Share

Offline SpicyJ2u

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introducing Myself
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 08:57:52 PM »
Thank you very much superapple, I'm trying to navigate myself around the forum. I'm not sure if I'm doing things correctly. I will do as you suggested & look at other forums. I'm shy, but I do have many questions to ask. I will also ask people in charge for help. Thank you very much!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: SuperApple