Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Introducing Myself  (Read 93 times)

Offline SpicyJ2u

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introducing Myself
« on: August 28, 2014, 04:54:27 PM »
Hello everyone! I was told of this site by a pen pal friend. She told me that it would be good for me to check it out and that I can get information from others. I have anxiety and panic disorder. I've had them since I was a little girl. People thought that I was a nervous child and would tell me I would grow out of it. I would have "nervous spells" over the years. I was in high school when I had my first full blown panic attack, I didn't know it was called that. I thought I was dying. I told my teacher who called the school nurse. It was dismissed as probably catching the flu. After high school the attacks came about once every 3 months. I was in college and couldn't focus. I dropped out after my junior year because the attacks were coming more often. Finally when I was 24 years old a doctor told me that I had something called anxiety attacks. I went to a psychologist to seek help, I was given exercises to do and told I would get over it. I became housebound for 3 years, only leaving the house on rare occasions such as ER visits. I felt I couldn't breathe. I hyperventilate a lot. I go into full blown panic. I'm scared. I try reading books about it. I've had this disorder for over 20 years. I take Xanax 3 times a day, 1 mg.  I'm looking for help & support. Thank you for reading
Bookmark and Share

Offline superapple

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introducing Myself
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 05:07:55 PM »
Hi spicyj2u,  :action-smiley-065:

Welcome to AnxietyZone forums, here you will find plenty of people who will understand you and have problems that you have or similar. To get started create a post in one of the categories, if you need any help just PM one of the helpful staff and they will help you, there are chat rooms that you can join but you must be 18 or over and to be able to have access to them you must create 3 meaningful posts first.

- SuperApple  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Offline SpicyJ2u

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 08:57:52 PM »
Thank you very much superapple, I'm trying to navigate myself around the forum. I'm not sure if I'm doing things correctly. I will do as you suggested & look at other forums. I'm shy, but I do have many questions to ask. I will also ask people in charge for help. Thank you very much!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline superapple

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 05:55:22 AM »
don't worry, lots of people have many questions to ask, including me :) if you need any help with any thing message me :)
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Tags: SuperApple