Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi there, I'd like to introduce myself!  (Read 53 times)

Offline carly

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi there, I'd like to introduce myself!
« on: August 28, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »
Hey everyone,  my name is Lisa and I'm a 43 year old mom of 2, married for 18 years and I suffer from anxiety, obsessive thoughts and depression.  I had been symptom free for 8 lovely years thanks to celexa, but had a relapse last year. It's been a long year and i've been struggling to find a med that works. I'm terrified that I have become resistant to meds and my hope is that I will find a sense of peace through medication and therapy.  I'm hoping to find others who can not only relate, but encourage through their own experiences,  as I will do the same. I've been through health anxiety, obsessing,  phobia,  panic disorder and the resulting g depression. I hope that I can help others while finding help myself!! Ta da! That's me!
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi there, I'd like to introduce myself!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 04:55:46 PM »
Hi Lisa...  Welcome to Anxiety Zone...  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Lisa, I am sorry to hear about your relapse while on Celexa, and I do hope that you can find a different avenue of treatment that will work for you.  I had a relapse myself, just last year.  I suffer with panic disorder with panic attacks, have some OCD, and can get a touch of depression when things get out of hand with my anxiety for to long.  I am on anti-depressant therapy, have been taught cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and continue to see my therapist monthly.  This combination of therapy has really helped me, but I know that I am a work in progress, and will continue to be.

The Anxiety Zone site has really helped me, and I have made some wonderful friends here.  I am hopeful that it will help you too.

Again, welcome aboard, Lisa!  The very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline carly

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi there, I'd like to introduce myself!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 05:15:39 PM »
Thank you so much for the encouraging words.  I can tell already that this forum will help me. I am glad to have found it and continued success to you too!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: