Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Zolofdt and Eye twitching  (Read 53 times)

Offline nervouspurvus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Zolofdt and Eye twitching
« on: August 28, 2014, 02:44:05 PM »
Hi All, I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced eye twitching due to Zoloft? I've just recently increased to 100mg and my right eye is twitching quite a bit. Could that be a side effect?
Thank you,
Joseph
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 93
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Zolofdt and Eye twitching
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 04:59:06 PM »
wondering if anyone has experienced eye twitching due to Zoloft? I've just recently increased to 100mg and my right eye is twitching quite a bit. Could that be a side effect?

It probably is, Joseph, triggered by the dose increase. Serotonin is not just a brain neurotransmitter. It is also involved in gut regulation, blood vessel tone (constriction and dilation), wound repair, blood coagulation, and pertinent to your side-effect, muscle contraction, including moderating twitch tension. Serotonergic antidepressants can affect all those functions in the beginning and whenever the dose is altered. However, the body usually quickly adjusts and most of these side-effects diminish after a week or two.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: