Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Very Sudden dizziness, lasting ~3 seconds scared me to death  (Read 168 times)

Offline alex_s

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Very Sudden dizziness, lasting ~3 seconds scared me to death
« on: August 28, 2014, 02:25:44 PM »
Anyone experienced this? I was lying down watching a tv show when in a fraction of a seconds this intense dizzy feeling, like my head is falling or is going to explode took over. I got scared to death and immediately jumped up at which point it was already gone and I proceeded to have a full-blown panic attack from the fear. This has never happened to me(the dizzy feeling, panic attacks I have had plenty of)! The whole thing felt like 2-3 seconds, but it may have been a second or less.

Anyone know if this can be stress-related? I found articles pointing to BPPV, but I want to see if anyone here experienced this and think it was stress? I can't stop worrying about a stroke, this was a few hours ago and my hands are still shaking and pulse is ~120 from fear.
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• Rec's: 1
  • love life
    • Poke This Member
Re: Very Sudden dizziness, lasting ~3 seconds scared me to death
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 03:16:30 PM »
this happened to me constantly last year to the point where i was literally housebound. i found that when i got outside more often [even if it was just in my front yard] the less and less it came
Bookmark and Share

Offline alex_s

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 03:34:03 PM »
Interesting...exactly the same feeling? Very sudden and strong vertigo/dizziness/brain "zap" lasting only 2-3 seconds?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 04:05:57 PM »
Yep, that's vertigo. The kind you get when you're laying down like that is particularly associated with anxiety. I get it all the time. Surprisingly, despite it being a relatively weak vertigo event its incredibly distressing. Much more so than the kind where it lasts 15-30 seconds and nearly blacks out my entire vision.
Bookmark and Share

Offline alex_s

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 04:39:11 PM »
After researching this for the last 5 hours I am chalking this up to cervical vertigo/muscle tension from anxiety, as I have spent the majority of the last few days lying down in a very bad posture watching tv shows (but extremely stressed nonetheless). Let's hope I'm right and I won't die of a stroke in the next 72 hours.

Cheers
Bookmark and Share

Tags: