Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Could I have an abdominal mass?  (Read 84 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Could I have an abdominal mass?
« on: August 28, 2014, 01:13:15 PM »
I was hoping to get some insight and answers from some users on this forum about my abdominal pain.

Now, I am going to precisely state where the pain is, the level of pain...the whole nine yards.  It will be long, but please help me.

This has been going on for about 2 years now and it has continually gotten worse to the point where it is literally a constant pain.  Now, the pain is located in my navel, just above my navel, to the left and right of my navel, and occasionally just below it.  Sometimes, the pain radiates to my back - primarily where I feel like my kidneys are.  Anyway, I will press down in the area where it hurts and I can't feel any lumps of any kind, but the area I press down on feels just SLIGHTLY firmer than the rest of my abdomen.  The pain on a scale from 1-10 on a normal day is probably a 3.5, and when I am having a serious "attack" if you want to call it that, it is around a 8.5-9.

When I am having an abdominal pain "attack" my abdomen feels like a stiff washboard, and then returns to normal after the pain subsides.  My bowels were turning a somewhat grayer color a few weeks back and were like that for about 1 week, then slowly returning back to a lighter tan color.  I have been to the doctors when these attacks happen, and blood work is ordered, x-rays are taken, and physical exams are done.  Every time I have been to a doctor, they all say I'm fine.  Would something be off on the blood work or x-rays if something was wrong?

Anyway, I also want to mention that where the pain is primarily located in my abdomen, I could literally draw a line with a marker to the spot on my back where I have back pain the most.  It's exactly at the same level as where it is on the front - mainly just above my navel.

Now that I have all of that out of the way, is this an abdominal mass like intestinal cancer or colon cancer, or some other type of cancer?  I will say that other than this constant abdominal discomfort and occasionally odd bowel movements, my appetite is fine, I'm NOT losing any weight at all...nothing else is really wrong.
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Could I have an abdominal mass?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »
Obviously, no one can even assume a diagnosis on an internet forum. Doctors and tests have shown this not to be physically related. That being said, anxiety causes real physical symptoms and some of the most common are stomach and bowel issues in the form of acid reflux, IBS and other gastrointestinal ailments. If there were something sinister going on, it would have shown in the tests. Perhaps speak to your doctor about some medicinal therapy for the stomach/bowel issues or meds/therapy to address your anxiety.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Tags: