Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety symptoms vs something actually wrong?  (Read 171 times)

Offline Courtney09011

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety symptoms vs something actually wrong?
« on: August 28, 2014, 12:17:01 PM »
Since I have such extreme anxiety I have found it difficult to differentiate between my symptoms being due to my anxiety ( muscle spasms, muscle weakness, chest pain, the list goes on) sometimes I can tell but others I can't and being a hypochondriac doesn't help because I convince myself I have some horrible disease! Can anybody give me some insight? Sometimes I'm afraid to automatically attribute a symptom to anxiety such as chest pain because what if it isn't ? Help!
Bookmark and Share
i understand your anxiety! I've been there and am there right now! Feel free to PM me if you need someone who understands!

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 7
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety symptoms vs something actually wrong?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 12:39:28 PM »
Hi Courtney,

I know how difficult it can be to differentiate your anxiety symptoms for symptoms you believe could be "real" and potentially harmful if left untreated. The important thing to always remember is that anxiety can truly cause hundreds of symptoms and it always varies from person to person. Some of the anxiety symptoms I feel might not always be the exact same ones you feel. There are "classic" anxiety symptoms which I would say most people experience regularly or have at least experienced it in the past but there are other symptoms that are truly "molded" into each individual.
If this is the first time you're dealing with a symptom then my advice is to always go and get it checked out if it's really bothering you, once you get it checked out and are given a clear by a doctor then you know it's an anxiety symptom. Your health is not something to play around with so it's always important to get things cleared by a doctor if it's bothering you or causing you extended amounts of discomfort. Once the doctor says you're okay then you know that (the said symptom) was a result of anxiety. I know it seems like a tedious thing to do, but until you figure out what's going on with you just double check with a doctor - that way you know what symptoms are anxiety related for you.

I really do believe that what you're experiencing is anxiety and that you will be completely okay, I've experienced everything you've mentioned and it's just apart of the chaotic world of anxiety. You'll be fine, just don't give up  ::)
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 12:47:18 PM »
In my experience, whenever I have varied symptoms such as arms/legs tingling, stomach cramps, lightheaded ness, and chest pain, I know that's usually anxiety. But you know your body better than anyone else, and chest pain isn't something you want to gamble with. So if you have any inclination of a more serious problem, get it checked out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Courtney09011

• Rec's: 1
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 01:32:28 PM »
Thanks for the response! I would like to point out that the symptoms I listed are symptoms I've had in the past not necessarily ones I have currently. My current is muscle weakness
Bookmark and Share
i understand your anxiety! I've been there and am there right now! Feel free to PM me if you need someone who understands!

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 03:06:09 PM »
Since I have such extreme anxiety I have found it difficult to differentiate between my symptoms being due to my anxiety ( muscle spasms, muscle weakness, chest pain, the list goes on) sometimes I can tell but others I can't and being a hypochondriac doesn't help because I convince myself I have some horrible disease! Can anybody give me some insight? Sometimes I'm afraid to automatically attribute a symptom to anxiety such as chest pain because what if it isn't ? Help!

People get pains all the time. Difference being they dont attribute it to some fatal illness immediately. They tend to look at a chest pain as a chest pain, or a leg pain as a leg pain. Where as we see a chest pain as a heart attack and a leg pain as a blood clot and so on.

Our bodies are designed to survive. I think that, if it was a genuine serious problem you would know it. I think we tend to think we know it but we really don't. I know one can then argue "well how come people die from silly things that they could have gotten help for but didnt". Which is a good question but I am not them, I cannot speculate what they did or didnt do or why. Some people are just not that sensitive to their health or maybe they just didnt care enough? I dont know, point is, you're on here so you are clearly sensitive as to what is going on in your body to the point of it being way overly sensitive.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Tags: