Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 52 times)

Offline Pink Cat

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Thank You
« on: August 28, 2014, 12:06:09 PM »
I haven't been on this site in a while, but I wanted to say thank you.  I would definitely, definitely, not describe myself as all better or anything close to that, but I'm a little better than I was a couple months ago.  Good enough to not feel like I have to come on here in desperation.  A couple things people posted here have really made a difference, one was a reply to one of my posts and another I found while skimming through other peoples posts.  I don't remember the names of the people who wrote them, but one of them was something like Carryann I think (that's probably wrong >.< lol). 

She said on someone else's post something about "swearing to only die once" which I guess means that you shouldn't let something bad grow bigger than it is; you shouldn't act/behave like something that happens once, or however many times it happens, is happening for eternity.  When it happens make sure it stays there and doesn't torture you far beyond its actual duration.  That's easier said than done, but it has stuck with me, and along with the other post I read on here, has helped me calm down many times over the past few months when I would normally have just freaked out (for the millionth time). 

The other post said something like "if bad things make everything bad, then by that logic, good things make everything good."  I don't remember the name of the person who wrote that to me, but it has helped a lot.  I couldn't -- and some times still can't but it's a little better now days because of this -- see how anything could really be good in the world because it was ruined by all the terrible things that go on; going by that logic though, the same thing could be true if you flip it around: nothing can really be bad because of all the good things that happen in the world.  Those two statements can't logically co-exist so I can't go on and on and on for hours laying in bed thinking there's no such thing as happiness because of all the sadness in the world. 

I still have problems every day but I have been noticeably better because of all the help I've found here.  Thank you to everybody who took the time to reply to my posts.  I'm very grateful that my boyfriend found this site for me. 

Pink Cat <3
Bookmark and Share
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and spiders.

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 03:50:05 PM »
What a nice thank you!!!! I hope that you continue your recovery and that you know that you brighten the day for many folks here. Take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Tags: