I truly can't believe that I'm about to write a POSITIVE
post instead of a panic induced post that cries for reassurance! My road with HA has not been easy at all, and I know that most of your guys struggles are very similar to my own. I know my own battle is far from over but I've made some progress and there's nobody I want to share that with more then all of you guys.
(I still have my bad days but I've noticed many more good days and to me that's all I can really ask for).Improvements:
- I no longer Google! (For me, this was a HUGE accomplishment) no more hours of incessantly googling symptoms and reading up on horrible diseases and illnesses!
- I am seeking less and less reassurance everyday - a couple months ago I would ask my mom/boyfriend to feel my head and "check" my temperature at least ten times a day. Now this has completely stopped.
- I'm eating much healthier (and much more regularly) - I've put back on the drastic weight I've lost and feel a little bit more like myself again.
- I've decided to go back to University for my 2nd year which was a huge decision for me, considering how half way through last year is when my anxiety kicked into full force and I ended up barely making it through). I really want to beat this and my doctor tells me that facing life head on is the only way to do so
- I've started taking time out of my day to read again - which is something that truly helps my mind and soul heal
- Exercise! Okay now I must admit that I don't do it a lot but I try and get to the gym at least once a week for a nice sweaty workout, I also do my best to spend a little bit of time outside in the sunlight everyday
- Reconnecting with old friends/family members who I had alienated because of my anxiety - I thought it would make things worse (and at the beginning it was hard) but being around true friends and loving family members is the best way to help overcome anxiety, knowing someone is there for you is a feeling like no other
I just thought I would add something positive to the forum for today, feel free to comment or add anything positive that's happened in regards to your anxiety/mental health recently! You guys are all amazing, and I owe so much of my progress thus far to some of you amazing members who I know also am able to consider friends!As a side note, I think it's important that we count every improvement no matter how small as a win and a step in the right direction. I know we can all beat this. It's going to take awhile and lots of baby steps but we can all do it.