Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Nervous about CT Scan tomorrow  (Read 848 times)

Online Smitten

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Nervous about CT Scan tomorrow
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 12:13:01 AM »
Thanks everyone. Actually when I got there, they said I didn't need contrast, so I didn't have it. I was relieved. I was told they give it through IV though and reactions are very, very rare. If there is one, it's an allergic reaction, so I'd ask if epi pens are close by. They were very good about answering questions. I would tell them your concerns and about your father for sure. My son had contrast with his CT Scan of his appendix last year, and my niece has had it a few different times for head CTs. Good luck!!
Bookmark and Share

Online famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 07:02:50 AM »
Thanks, Smitten.    My son also had one last year for his appendix.   I was SO nervous watching.

I'm glad yours went so well and you didn't have to use the contrast.   I'm sure I'll be posting on here when my appointment draws closer.;)
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 04:05:24 PM »
I had the oral contrast too once for my tummy. It was fruit punch flavored. it actually tasted pretty good, like kool-aid. I know this is after the fact, lol, but i thought i'd add that.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Tags: