Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: A fear of rabies?  (Read 76 times)

Offline WattSupWithThat

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
A fear of rabies?
« on: August 27, 2014, 08:35:06 PM »
Hi guys,

It's been a while since of been back on the forum, last time I was here I got a great amount of reassurance from the community. Every time I come here I seem to find answer and reassurance for my fears.  But now I have a new fear, rabies.

Today I was walking around my house, when I heard a loud chirping noise, low and behold I found a 4-5 week old baby squirrel outside my house on my patio.  The poor thing looked like it was going to die. Not thinking in the moment I decided to poke it gently with a piece of grass, after not moving nor any signs of breathing I turned the bald of grass around to the tougher end and poked it. Low and behold it moved and seemingly came back to life. Now back to the issue, the end that happened to touch the squirrel also touched my hand where I just happened to have a very small cut or knick. After realizing what I did I ran back inside and washed my hands of thoroughly.   Right now I fear that I have been exposed to rabies somehow, I'm a moments notice away from leaving to go to the E.R.

Am I being crazy? Should I go to the E.R? Can someone help ease my worries.

Thanks, wattsupwiththat

Ps. Sorry about any misspellings I'm to anxious to tell..
Bookmark and Share

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: A fear of rabies?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 08:52:30 PM »
Rabies is transmitted through saliva. Unless you stuffed the grass in the sqirrel's mouth, then rubbed it on your cut, there's no way you could have rabies.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: rabies