Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do I have lymphoma??? HELP!  (Read 240 times)

Offline chelseafan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do I have lymphoma??? HELP!
« on: August 27, 2014, 08:23:02 PM »
Ok so today I realized that my lymph nodes on my left jaw line aren't enlarged as far as I know. But then I was checking the right jaw line just for confirmation, and one lymph node was quite painful when I touched it. I don't have an infection as far as I know. Two weeks ago I was also feeling my lymph nodes (that specific lymph node) because I thought they were enlarged but thank god weren't. So I'm not sure whether I irritated it last time I kept feeling them or if this is lymphoma! Help!! Please!! This painful lymph node however doesn't feel enlarged.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chelseafan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do I have lymphoma??? HELP!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:17:31 PM »
ANYONE??
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 09:33:30 PM »
You want to have painful nodes. The painless ones are the ones that can be indicative of lymphoma. If it is sore, then you made it a bit swollen because you touched it. You can have swollen nodes for months if you keep touching them and can take that long to go down.
WhatcsiE are they? The size of a kidney bean?a Pea? All normal. Are they movable? Movable is what you want but I know ppl with immovable ones that are okay too.
As long as they aren't the site of a golf ball, I don't think you have lymphoma.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chelseafan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 09:55:48 PM »
Yeah thanks, that makes me feel MUCH better! The painful lymph node actually doesn't feel swollen just tender to the touch basically which I'm making worse by touching it I think. I think it's mobile too. Hold on this may sound stupid but a lymph node that is normal meaning not swollen can be painless right?
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »
Yes. If you search hard enough, most people can find some sort of node (swollen or not).
Any time I've had my nodes checked, the doctors don't dig their fingers into my skin like us hypochondriacs to. They lightly check SK they only pay attention to ones that are significant enough to be easily palpable.
Also, are you sure you're not touching your salivary glands?  I thought they were my nodes and freaked out by salivary glands will always be there (under the chin)
Bookmark and Share

Offline chelseafan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »
Hey I had a night sweat last night and that's making me extremely worried! It didn't drench my sheets but I was sweaty! Yesterday I was kinda feeling itchy too and that's making me extremely worried. I was also having some chills. HELP!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline chelseafan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 02:12:39 PM »
So does anyone think these are all anxiety related?? I also have this fear of lymphoma because my second cousins had it. They were siblings...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: