Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is this a blood blister or oral cancer?  (Read 239 times)

Offline ImObsessed

• "We're all here distracting ourselves until we die." -( J.J. Abrams)
  • Rec's: 2
  • Im an egomaniac with low self esteem
    • Poke This Member
Is this a blood blister or oral cancer?
« on: August 27, 2014, 08:21:19 PM »
I get alot of blood blisters in the cheeks of my mouth. I dont chew my food enough, eat too fast and grind my teeth in my sleep. But this one surprised be because it was hidden all the way in the back by the rear molar. I tested bu biting down and there is a little friction there so its conceivable I bit it. But its hard for me to see clearly. It looks like a dark black circle. I was pressing very hard with a Q tip to try to break it but couldnt get any blood to come out (which is also alarming). Im starting to worry it may be oral cancer. And I dont have dental or medical insurance right now, ugh!!! I am attaching 3 pics waiting for a moderator to approve
Bookmark and Share
Im obsessed with my health and my current obsession is my liver.

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this a blood blister or oral cancer?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 08:39:34 PM »
ImObsessed,

GreyGoose, the site owner, is the only one who can approve pictures.  I've asked him to take a look.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 24
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 08:52:50 PM »
I've had oral cancer. Most often OC doesn't present as you describe (it didn't with me and many, many others I know on the OC boards) and as you said, it probably from biting. Also, anxiety sufferers are prone to mouth ulcers due to the stress your body is under (I've seen this on the anxiety boards more times than I can count). That being said, the rule of thumb is if you have a lesion, area or node that doesn't resolve in a few weeks, see your doctor.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 09:00:56 PM »
Honestly.... it's worth the cost of a quick exam with a dentist to get it checked. I'm not saying its oral cancer (you really shouldn't poke at it btw you'll get infected), but the dentist will be able to tell you either way for about 20 bucks. In the mean time... just relax and take comfort in the fact you're aware of it... but also let the body heal itself.

Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline ImObsessed

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 11:39:33 PM »
LOL well, I went to one of those paid "Ask a Doctor" websites and paid $12.00 to have a dentist and oral surgeon look at the photos and answer my question. Here is what he wrote:

Welcome .I will do my best to answer your question.I am not a great typist,be patient and feel free to ask if anything is unclear.The pictures that you have posted are consistent with blood blisters under the skin caused by trauma.They may appear black but they are nothing more than trapped hemolyzed blood under the tissue.They will heal on their own without any treatment.These pictures do not in any way represent any type of oral cancer or tumor.If you get these often,you may just have a cheek biting habit which is many times stimulated by stress.Sometimes ,if the opposing cusps of the teeth that are causing this trauma when you bite down,are buffed off to flatten them a bit,you can minimize the trauma and lessen the chance of these blood blisters reoccurring .These are harmless lesions and you need not worry about them.They will heal on their own.If you have further questions please ask.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ImObsessed

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 11:30:06 PM »
Now that my photos were approved, I'm just curious if any of you had a look at them and your thoughts
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 04:16:39 PM »
It's cheek biting my friend. I bit my cheek like a peice of hamburger a month ago, and it left a big ugly black blood blister. Don't sweat it. :)
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 04:19:12 PM »
Just wondering what I'm supposed to click on to view the photos?  Seems like others can see photos and I never can. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline ImObsessed

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 01:01:28 AM »
Just wondering what I'm supposed to click on to view the photos?  Seems like others can see photos and I never can.

I don't think the photo was ever approved, so its not visible. It was a blood blister and disappeared after a few days thankfully. I have now moved on to new imaginary diseases :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 05:32:17 AM »
Oh the blood blister is gone - that's what I figured  :yes:  That happens to me - also those CLEAR fluid filled ones!
Bookmark and Share