Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Please can someone give me some advice  (Read 163 times)

Offline bbwire

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Please can someone give me some advice
« on: August 27, 2014, 07:49:18 PM »
Alright so I've been dealing with extreme ocd and the fear of having schizophernia, one of my fears is like having delusions so it's like my imagination comes up with all these random delusions and it scares me so much so to make sure I don't believe this crap I test myself to see if I actually believe it, so for example I'll get the thought "What if everyone is out to get me?" So Ill test myself to see if I think this because I'm so scared and I'll ask myself "Do you actually think everyone out to get you?" And whenever I do that it's like I can't answer, this is my main problem it's like my brain freezes and the thought becomes abstract and I'm so scared if I believe it! I've read so much stuff on this and I know people with real delusion don't even know it and they never question their beliefs they fully believe them, but it doesn't help. So my questions are is this just ocd like is this just extreme doubt and uncertainty? How come I can't answer it? Any advice would really help
Bookmark and Share

Offline bbwire

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please can someone give me some advice
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 05:00:50 PM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 09:32:49 PM »
Since you realize your thoughts are questionable, odds are you can conquer them and not be overcome by them, I believe a combination of therapy and/or medication should help.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Loveisaduel

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 03:36:11 PM »
Hey there! I've been going through the same thing these past few days so I get the feeling. I guess the fact that you're worried about said thoughts means that you have a full grasp on reality. To me it feels like you're going through such a rough time that you're asking yourself all the questions imaginable. Like me, you seem to have a fear of mental illness, and the more you worry, the worse it gets. I'd suggest seeing a therapist because once you hear the words coming out of his/her mouth, chances are you'll feel much better since they know what they're talking about and are there to help you. Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: