Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New to forum but I need help!!  (Read 89 times)

Offline Courtney09011

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New to forum but I need help!!
« on: August 27, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »
As a hypochondriac I am always told NOT to look up symptoms on the internet but what did I do last night? I looked it up :( stupid I know but it's like my brain was saying no and my anxiety was saying DO IT! Of course my anxiety won and now I'm suffering for it as I've had 2 panic attacks today :( let me backtrack... Last night/ today I've had a strange feeling in my right leg!! It feels weak almost like I just ran a long run and it feels wobbly. Course I looked it up and it's saying some sort of MND such as ALS. I know the odds are VERY low because I'm a 24 year old female with no family history that I know of but being a hypochondriac I can't get the thought out of my head! I'm freaking out!! I guess what I'm asking is: any clue bout my leg? Why do I feel this way?! Also i need help dealing with this health anxiety before id five myself crazy with worry every time something is slightly off :( 
Bookmark and Share
i understand your anxiety! I've been there and am there right now! Feel free to PM me if you need someone who understands!

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New to forum but I need help!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:22:21 PM »
I know that it's hypochondria that makes the thoughts stick in your head, but you don't have ALS. 

There are workbooks in the stickies that a lot of people have found helpful if you feel traditional therapy isn't something you want to pursue.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: