Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Menningitis or a Head Cold?  (Read 129 times)

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Menningitis or a Head Cold?
« on: August 27, 2014, 07:04:28 PM »
Hi Guys. About 5 days ago i started sneezing because the weather was changing and getting very humid. Now the weather had dried out and I'm getting ear aches, sinus pain, dizziness, eye pain and burning that shifts eyes.... And everything smells different and I feel kinda out of it...

I have no fever, but I'm afraid of having or getting meningitis or some sort of bacterial infection... I'm allergic to most antibiotic classes but one... I'm hoping it's just a head cold. I'm getting headaches in the sinus area and in the back of my head sometimes too...

Please don't tell me to go to the hospital, I don't want to go back there. They did a blood test yesterday and told me they would call me if something came up... but they never called back. I hope they didn't forget about me.

So what do you think guys... head cold? Bacterial infection (i hope not)? or Menningitis? (oh please god no).

I'm also recovering from a bad bout of neck strain if that makes any difference so it could explain some of the headache....

Please help....

Edit: I also have chest congestion, mucus is all clear or bubbly.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline fordaisy

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Menningitis or a Head Cold?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 07:17:01 PM »
Take a benadrly
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 07:21:34 PM »
If you can touch your chin to your chest, it isn't meningitis.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 07:23:08 PM »
Take a benadrly

Benadryl is for allergic reactions and gives me a heart reaction... I'm on Cetirizine, one of the 24 hour lasting antihistamines.

I can touch my head to my chest but I'm still very anxious.  I'm about ready to run to the hospital out of this morbid pre-occupation that something is terribly wrong. I fear death a lot... and my mom is out of town on her honey moon so I don't have any support to help
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline cali4niay

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 07:31:01 PM »
Take a benadrly

Benadryl is for allergic reactions and gives me a heart reaction... I'm on Cetirizine, one of the 24 hour lasting antihistamines.

I can touch my head to my chest but I'm still very anxious.  I'm about ready to run to the hospital out of this morbid pre-occupation that something is terribly wrong. I fear death a lot... and my mom is out of town on her honey moon so I don't have any support to help

You're fine. If it was something like that, they would have called- whether they suspected meningitis or a bacterial infection.

Last time I went to the ER and the doc thought meningitis, he had me touch my chin to my head and then went onto the next test.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 07:37:58 PM »
I hope i'm okay... I'm waiting to hear back from a telephone nurse...
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 07:42:35 PM »
I hope i'm okay... I'm waiting to hear back from a telephone nurse...

I just read your symptoms again. Sounds very common, especially w/the weather change. No need to go the ER w/those symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 07:54:07 PM »
Thank you. :)
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 10:25:04 PM »
If you're "not sure if it's a head cold or meningitis," it's not meningitis.  If you had the dangerous form of meningitis you would be incredibly sick. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: