Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Social anxiety or GAD  (Read 245 times)

Offline Bigmann01

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Social anxiety or GAD
« on: August 27, 2014, 06:54:22 PM »
I am 27 years old and I developed an anxiety disorder when I was 21. I want to know what other users think if I have social anxiety and what possibly should I do about it? I feel 100% comfortable around family and a couple of really good friend I have that know I have anxiety. But I feel very self concious around some of the friends I went to school and grew up with. I think they do not see me as one of the group anymore and I feel like they are laughing at me behind my back and dont like me as much anymore. I used to be very confident around them but not since i have developed an anxiety disorder. I tend to analyse things they say to me for days, things that i would have brushed off before and but now cause me great anxiety. I am quite self consious around other people too like friends of friends. I tend to think people dont like or think Im an idiot. Well thats some of what goes on in my head. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Social anxiety or GAD
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 06:42:05 AM »
Sounds a bit like social anxiety. But also sounds a lot more like low self esteem around these certain people. They are not talking about you at all. This is one thing you have to try and get into your head. They have no reason to talk about you. Anxiety can hit your confidence for six in a lot of situations. That is the area I would work on. Look up positive affirmations on the net and begin to use them to build that self esteem back up.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Bigmann01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 06:36:12 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I do have low self esteem I think. I will check out the positive affirmations. Hopefully it will help because I am sick of feeling like this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kavenchols

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 03:09:40 AM »
Well, Treatment for generalized anxiety disorder helps reduce the symptoms. Some people might feel less worried and stressed after a couple months of treatment, and some people might not feel better until after a year or more.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: