Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone on Geodon?  (Read 119 times)

Offline Bcollinsix

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone on Geodon?
« on: August 27, 2014, 05:50:56 PM »
I am thinking about transferring over to it from latuda.  How is it for those on it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bcollinsix

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone on Geodon?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 09:16:21 PM »
i guess geodon is not a popular anti-psychotic.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 98
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 10:42:36 PM »
i guess geodon is not a popular anti-psychotic.

No, mostly because there are more potential issues than with anti psychotics like latuda.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Bcollinsix

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 12:23:05 AM »
what are some potential issues you speak of?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 98
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 01:04:20 AM »
what are some potential issues you speak of?

It has significant interactions with many commonly prescribed meds, including many antibiotics, cardiovascular and cancer meds. It is quite cardiotoxic, more so than even the highly toxic antidepressant I take. It also raises blood glucose and lipid (fats including cholesterol) levels. Tardive dyskinesia can be a problem with prolonged use which may not resolve even if the med is discontinued. See the drug monograph for more information.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Tiffycook89

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 02:21:56 AM »
Oh boy, that Geodon. That will always be in my books as the worst thing ever. Psychiatrist started my off very high dosage wise. Not sure the amount, it was awhile ago. I was told I was bipolar, I am not, I've been old my numerous mental health professionals that I'm not since then. This guy spent 10 minutes talking to me and then gave me this heavy medication.

I was out of it, ALOT. I had incessant severe panic attacks. They were excruciating. I was in the ER 3 times that month. After about halfway through I developed medically induced Parkinsonism. Had to be out on Parkinson's medication. That then paralyzed my eye muscles so they could not focus to read. Took 2 weeks to go away. I hated the Geodon, and called my psychiatrist, and he said just stop taking it then. All my red flags went up. I asked him if I needed to gradually step down. He insisted I didn't and that he knew what he was talking about. I stopped the medication and started hallucinating the next day. Had to have a babysitter for awhile. It was agony coming off it. This is just me personally, every brain is different, but in general from people I've heard Geodon is one hell of a drug.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tiffycook89

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 02:24:15 AM »
Sorry for spelling errors, I'm currently stuck cross eyed and typing isn't my forte right now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bcollinsix

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 05:43:24 AM »
Hey tiff, thanks for replying. No offense but your pdoc sounds like a quack, i would see a new one if I were u. After hearing every thing about the drug I think I'm going to look for other solutions but I have a new question that I will post in a new thread.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: