Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I was given anxiety printouts by an ER doc... 1/2 a year ago  (Read 61 times)

Offline jurm25

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I was given anxiety printouts by an ER doc... 1/2 a year ago
« on: August 27, 2014, 01:42:56 PM »
Right before my 26th birthday I went to the ER because of an entire night of never ending heart palpitations. Fortunately I wasn't having a heart attack, unfortunately they told me I probably have anxiety/panic disorders. I haven't received any treatment for it since that time (insurance woes, I've finally gotten some new insurance so I'll be making a doctors appointment just as soon as I work up the courage) and although it's gotten worse, I'm also slowly but surely learning to cope.

I've become kind of a shut-in hypochondriac, constantly thinking I've got some new cancer or disease but too scared to leave my house and bother a real doctor about it. Reading about other anxious people dealing with the same symptoms (and none of the actual illnesses) helps relieve me of some of my anxiety and keep my head on straight. I've stumbled upon this site several times while google searching "anxiety + <various symptoms>" and drawn comfort from reading posts from users on this site that had symptoms like mine so I figured I might as well cut out the middle man and join this site directly!
Bookmark and Share

Offline superapple

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I was given anxiety printouts by an ER doc... 1/2 a year ago
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 02:11:01 PM »
Hi jurm25,  :action-smiley-065:

Welcome to AnxietyZone forums, here you will find plenty of people who will understand you and have problems that you have or similar. To get started create a post in one of the categories, if you need any help just PM one of the helpful staff and they will help you, there are chat rooms that you can join but you must be 18 or over and to be able to have access to them you must create 3 meaningful posts first.

- SuperApple  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Tags: