Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Introducing myself!  (Read 63 times)

Offline Cmc1991

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introducing myself!
« on: August 27, 2014, 04:06:48 AM »
Hey all :) I'm Cassie and I'm 23 years old, college student, living in texas. I've been dealing with anxiety off and on since high school. I'm looking for advice, all of your stories, how you all deal with your anxiety, and reassurance. I feel like nobody understands how tough anxiety is on your mind and body and I'm very happy that I've found a place where I can express myself and know that others have gone through or are going through what I've dealt with and am still dealing with.
My first episode happened when I was in high school and I got the stomach flu really bad. After that my anxiety level increased and I convinced myself that I wasn't getting any better, had my mom take me to the hospital numerous times for tests just for them to tell me I'm fine. Well, eventually I got better and I've been doing okay but about a month ago I was told I had thyroid nodules on my thyroid. My stupid self, I looked on google and found that the nodules could be cancer and that just sent my whole mind and body out of whack. I had a biopsy done and found out that they were not cancerous. But in the meantime I started feeling nerve pain everywhere on my body. I just assumed it was my stress about the nodules. When I found out the nodules weren't cancer I felt relieved and the nerve pain seemed to go away. Well, I had a job interview which of course I was stressing about, and the nerve pain came back. So now  here, and now I have muscle twitches to accompany the nerve pain. I have looked up ALS, MS, leukemia (because I found a bruise on my arm), Lyme disease, fibromyalgia, vitamin defenciances, bone cancers, any cancers, and I sit and read and read and worry myself sick. Has anyone else had these symptoms with anxiety? Looking for advice and it's also nice to meet you all :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introducing myself!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:25:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 05:57:56 PM »
Welcome fellow Texan  :action-smiley-065:

My anxiety has led me to worry about different problems as well. I spent a small fortune having tests and imaging ran, only to find nothing wrong. It's tough to accept the anxiety diagnosis when your body feels moments away from shutting down, or that an unknown medical condition is eating away at you. In the worst episodes, I take deep breaths, relax my face and neck muscles as much as possible, and remind myself of my good health, which has been confirmed, and that it's just another game being played by anxiety. Sometimes this works, sometimes not. Either way, as soon as I get a chance, I rest my body and allow it to recharge. Anxiety attacks me when I push myself too hard.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kismetics

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 06:00:28 PM »
Nice to meet you, I'm brand new to the forum as well. I'm 21 living in Colorado. I do the same thing, especially lately I seem to have terrible health anxiety (and anxiety in general). I look up symptoms on the internet which always seems to be a big mistake for me, lol. Now I'm just terrified and stressing out over all the possible ailments I could (but probably don't) have. Ah well. If you ever want to chat, send me a message! Also, I've noticed when I'm very stressed I'll get aches and pains in my body, and don't know where they come from. But I would say generally it's probably not a big deal for your health.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: