Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 32 times)

Offline pilots wife12

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi!
« on: August 27, 2014, 12:48:16 AM »
Hi everyone,
   I just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself as I am new to the forum. I have been suffering from mild anxiety/panic attacks for about 10 yrs off and on. My anxiety stems from self esteem issues/ insecurities. I do not have alot of trust/ confidence in myself. I also get very anxious at night when im alone as my husband is a pilot. I am not a very social person at first but once i get to know people I start to open up and feel more comfortable.

A bit about me outside anxiety... I am a mother of 2 amazing boys, and I have to large dogs. I love music, scrapbooking and spensing time with my kids. I used to love to read but now just cannot find anything i can get into.

Anyways i look forward to chatting with more people who can relate to how im feeling because it really is hard to discuss anxiety/ panic with people who one. knows nothing and 2. doesnt suffer from it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 02:54:05 AM »
Hi Pilots Wife,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.  I, too, find that my anxiety is rooted in low self esteem and often struggle to believe in myself.  I think anxiety thrives off of these feelings.  I have dealt with GAD and Panic for nearly 10 years myself, and it can be very frustrating.  I hope you can find some help and support here.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: