Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Jg update, hope I'm not breaking no rules  (Read 188 times)

Offline JGhypo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Jg update, hope I'm not breaking no rules
« on: August 26, 2014, 08:00:11 PM »
Hey guys , I know by now you all know me as the kid who's terrified of acute myeloid leukemia even after. A cbc and two dr visits. Just wanted to let you guys know I'm doin much better after talking I my cousin who is in med school, basically he said " how long have you been concerned about this little cuz?", and I told him about 2 or so months and about my 3.3 wbc, his response was "you'd be dead or near death by now with that" lol (without treatment of course)  he also said leukemia is the exact opposite of my blood test results too many white blood cells, well guys, now I'm eating a lot , gaining weight back, playing soccer , still kind of scared to go to the dr Thursday jut to get prescribed more xanax , I'm scared they're gonna say, "we wanted you to be here when we gave you this news" is that anxiety and irrational thinking?
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Jg update, hope I'm not breaking no rules
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 08:44:56 PM »
Well if a positive report like that is breaking the rules, I hope a whole lot more start doing just that! That's great news!

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 10:07:56 PM »
Yep, that's your anxiety talking.  Even when I'm not anxious, I always fear I'm going to get bad news.  I have to go every 6 months to get my Celexa renewed and I always hate making the appointment because I get anxious.  I'm one of the HA's that HATES going to the Dr.

You're going to be just fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JGhypo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 10:48:29 PM »
Thanks for your replies guys , they mean the world to me at the moment
Bookmark and Share

Offline greenzebra

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 11:39:14 PM »
I'm sure you're just fine :) I had to get a CAT scan once after hitting my head, and I was convinced that it was going to come back saying that I had brain cancer. I think I was actually sweating in the hospital room lol. Everything came back fine though. Just try to remind yourself that you'll be okay!
Bookmark and Share

Offline JGhypo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 12:03:20 AM »
But I'm already at the stage where I should be relieved , no self pity but I feel as if I've already done the hard part which was get an actual blood test lol...so why does the fear persist? This what if and googling will destroy you if you allow it, Google is hypochondria hell, ur not gonna hear about the people that overcome a disease or the symptoms are nothing serious ur gonna hear about the poeple who die and how a common cold turned out to be freaking aids or blood cancer.....if I would've never googled maybe I could've enjoyed my summer , I swear I worried every minute of every day and I still do, but I'm BETTER and I feel relatively great (knock on wood)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: