Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Chest pain and I'm in panic mode  (Read 101 times)

Offline KatB

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
Chest pain and I'm in panic mode
« on: August 26, 2014, 02:15:42 PM »
I had my annual physical yesterday and everything went fine . I mentioned to my dr that I have been getting a lot of chest pain lately and my heart feels like it beats super fast . Plus when I lay down I have this heaviness in my upper chest .
He decided to send me for a stress test asked questions checked my BP which was normal and that's that .

So today as I'm doing my squats 😗 my chest started hurting . In the centre towards left side  . I've had a headache since yesterday and woke up with one slightly less today .
I'm feeling now super afraid I might be getting a heart attack or something . I never had any heart fears in the past so this is something new to me .

Now I'm afraid To move around because I feel like I'm going to speed up a heart attack . I don't smoke or drink and I'm 42 and not over weight . I'm so scared and keep trying to rationalize this as maybe anxiety symptoms but the thing is I have been very good with my HA lately and don't feel anxious at all before this .😳

Any thoughts ? Thank you

Katherine
Bookmark and Share

Online Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chest pain and I'm in panic mode
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 02:32:44 PM »
The pain you're feeling is not associated with heart pain. Heart pain feels like a weird sort of crushing sensation, and radiates along your chest, shoulder and jaw. What you're describing is pain in your chest wall muscles. I used to do the same thing after I started trying to exercise more.

But really, what you're feeling is soreness from the exercise. Everyone who exercises gets those same sensations. its just that those of us with anxiety issues tend to freak out about things, on a hair-trigger. And chest pain is really good at inducing anxiety.

in short: I wouldn't worry about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatB

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chest pain and I'm in panic mode
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »
Thank you for your reply 😊. The thing is I get this pain when I'm not exercising . I don't do any type of weights or push ups .
I guess the stress test will rule out anything serious but in the mean time I'm now afraid to do anything strenuous 😁
Bookmark and Share

Tags: