Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sudden Decreased Hearing  (Read 132 times)

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
Sudden Decreased Hearing
« on: August 26, 2014, 11:28:52 AM »
I am really worried now because I had a sudden decrease in hearing. My ear feel muffled but I can't pop them back. Earlier I had a semi-tinnitus bout but it only lasted seconds. I am having severe issues with peri-menopause and I wondering if hormone imbalances can cause hearing issues. I just got my period today and I am not feeling well.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline aardvark

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sudden Decreased Hearing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:39:01 AM »
The most obvious diagnosis is earwax. Have you tried ear drops? If not, you should attempt a course of drops for several days, then visit a nurse for syringing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 02:19:49 PM »
Anxiety can cause that. I do not know why, but it does. Happens to me a lot and there's no way it could have anything to do with menopause, what with me being in my mid-20s and male and all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jazeraca

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 02:36:50 PM »
Is it in one or both ears? Try getting rid of earwax as PP said. If that doesn't help and it is prolonged, you could have a middle or inner ear infection. Very unlikely to be worse than that. It's happened to me too.
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, DESNOS, Fibro and other physical issues. Nothing serious, but of course my anxious mind will often find something very serious as with other things in my life. Anxiety is a fraud. Anxiety is not YOU or ME, it is an illness.

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 02:42:29 PM »
I don't know, this was just something weird. I've had the normal pressure variation feeling between ears where you have to swallow or hold your nose to pop your hearing back. I've had the sudden high pitch ring that goes away almost instantaneously. I've had where one ear decreases in hearing but it returns in a few seconds but this was different.

It felt like my hearing decreased suddenly and noticeably, in both ears and nothing would make it come back to normal. Not swallowing or holding my nose and blowing out. It took 30 to 45 minutes for my hearing to return to normal. It was just weird. The strangest part about it was that while it was happening, certain high pitched sounds would be incredibly irritating and strangely loud. The whole event was terrible.

I wondered about the hormonal imbalance because peri-menopause as caused me dry eyes and mouth, migraines, eczema, bad moods, irregular periods, low blood pressure and all sorts of other physical issues. It just seems so coincidental that this occurs during g my extremely early period this month.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Tags: