Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Morning anxiety with HA  (Read 103 times)

Offline Sugarpeeps

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Morning anxiety with HA
« on: August 26, 2014, 10:09:27 AM »
I have been struggling with an intense bout of HA for over a month now, my worst bout really.  My anxiety levels have remained very high for the duration.  I find that I am experiencing morning anxiety quite badly: internal shaking, skin tingling, racing thoughts, feeling wired, etc.  Does anyone else experience this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Morning anxiety with HA
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 10:59:22 AM »
I have GAD rather than HA but yes, I have had a strong history of morning anxiety. I'd wake up with panic attacks sometimes. Cortisol levels are increasing in the early morning hours and may play some role in morning anxiety, though I'm sure there could be other factors too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Morning anxiety with HA
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
Hi Sugar,

My anxiety used to be horrific in the mornings until I changed my routine.  I think it was a matter of finding something different to think about and actually having to think rather than do the motions of the norm.  My change included getting up and out of bed AS SOON as I awoke, no matter what time.  After taking that first morning trip to the pee, then I'd head straight outdoors and walk around the yard a bit, getting both exercise and fresh air.  After that I'd begin to start my day in the usual fashion, teeth, shower, etc.....I didn't ever let myself go back to bed and eventually I was sleeping a little longer and having less morning anxiety. 

Hope you can try this and get a little relief
Bookmark and Share

Tags: