Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I feel like a failure.  (Read 96 times)

Offline Anon_73

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I feel like a failure.
« on: August 26, 2014, 01:16:04 AM »
Well, let me just start off by saying I just graduated high school in late May, 2014 & I just turned 18 in early July. I am really stressed because I feel like I'm destined for a life of failure. I barely graduated high school, I didn't even get to walk in the ceremony because I failed ONE math class my senior year. Not to mention I was never educated about the ACT/SAT therefore I wasn't able to take them.

I graduated with a mere 2.8 GPA. I'm trying to get help about taking both tests so that I will be able to get into a good college & then transfer to my dream school, if possible. I don't know the first thing about college though & I'm scared that I will be so overwhelmed by the new environment that it'll scare me away.

I don't want to be scared anymore. I want to be able to get on the path of success. I have the motivation, but no supporters. I don't want to be alone on this. I feel like all my friends are surpassing me, while I'm left behind. I don't want to be the only of my friends that isn't in college yet. I know what I want to study, as it has been a dream of mine since I was 10 -- Architecture & Interior Design.

Oh, and financial security has always been a problem for my family, so I feel like college will just be another huge toll on mine & my parents' bank account. Money has always been a depressing subject for me because all of my friends have come from families w/ a successful financial background, while as I've always pretty much been the "broke friend". This has caused me to become very insecure & anxious of my surroundings, even to the point a paranoia. I've always tried to steer clear of social events that involved money & I become distant in my relationships because I feel like the person is judging or secretly making fun of me for being less fortunate. I've lost a lot of friends because of this.

I'm just really overwhelmed with the downturn my life is taking at such an early age.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: I feel like a failure.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 08:25:15 AM »
It is so easy to feel like a failure and lose sight of what we can do and have accomplished. There are no guarantees for anyone regardless of their origins or status. Failure is there for anyone.

What matters is our perseverance, willingness to think, to work, be reasonable in our goals, focus on our inner self, building confidence and self-worth. Maybe this can get you started and expanded with the help of a counselor.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I feel like a failure.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 08:41:56 AM »
At 18 don't look at yourself as a failure.  You'd don't have to go to the big expensive college to get an education.  Community college is more affordable so you can get your associates, then move on to a bigger college for your bachelors.  YOU MOVE AT YOUR PACE.  Take classes as you can afford them.   
Bookmark and Share

Tags: