Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Long Time Sufferer, First Time Poster  (Read 70 times)

Offline Riddle

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Long Time Sufferer, First Time Poster
« on: August 26, 2014, 12:18:53 AM »
Hello

Been suffering with anxiety for 17 years now. Health anxiety, OCD, Panic Disorder. You'd think I'd have been able to cope better after all this time but nope. Guess I always was lazy with the CBT and whatever else help I've had over the years. It's just really getting the better of me lately, feel like my world is collapsing in on itself. I actually think anxiety will be the death of me.

I'm not really much of one for forums but thought it's worth a try to see if it helps to get some of this stuff out of my head anyway and remind myself I'm not alone in feeling this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Long Time Sufferer, First Time Poster
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 08:01:20 AM »
Hi Riddle,
 As you can see by the Forums you aren't alone at all and it is hard to deal with anxiety and more for so long I do know because I am the same way and I have a lot more going on health wise also.

As you stated you have been lazy over the years with CBT and whatever else helps maybe it is time to really dig down deep and push yourself to get better and not let it keep getting worse and no this wont be the death of you at all however it does feel like it I understand that.

This site is full of information and so many people here go through the same and others can be worse or better but we all suffer with this in some form.

Go over all the forums and join in more it will help you it does me and then join chat and meet people and see what they are going through I go in and watch and realize even more I am not alone but I do know that it is on me to get me better and not people in chat we have to do the work. 

You can get better you have to really believe in yourself and it does sound like you have some depression going on with the Ocd, HA, and Panic which is common because dealing with all those would make anyone depressed. I have those myself and more and it sure isn't a fun time!

Fight for you okay and know we are here for you.
Peace
Tye
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 09:30:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Riddle

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 11:13:02 AM »
Thanks for the welcome!

I'll look around the site and try to work on this, hopefully things can get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jughead87

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 04:05:33 PM »
I see where you are coming from. It hasn't been 17yrs for myself but I feel that I've lost my 20's to my anxiety / panic attacks. Today is also the 1st time I've created a account and I look forward to insightful tips or help other then having to be on medications and stuck at home because thats the situations I'm currently in.

Welcome to the forms.
Bookmark and Share
Sincerely,
Josh

Anxiety / Panic Attacks / Mid Depression

Tags: