Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: rOCD and distance.  (Read 187 times)

Offline Bubz

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
rOCD and distance.
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:21:02 PM »
Hello everyone.

I have yet to make a proper introduction to these forums, but I am an absolute wreck and I figured it wouldn't hurt if I asked for some advice first.

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 1/2 years. Throughout our first year of being together we were physically together, as in he lived about 20 minutes from me, so we were constantly together.
Fast forward to now, where we have been in a long distance relationship for a year and a half because he had some personal issues to attend to.

This long distance has been playing intense games with my rOCD. I am constantly wondering about every aspect of our relationship, and it makes it that much harder that I can't talk to him face to face about everything. 
I'm mainly curious if anyone else who has rOCD and is in a long distance relationship has the same difficulties.

I would assume that many people in long distance relationships have troubles with their thoughts affecting their feelings, but I just need to learn to stop stressing.

Thank you in advance for any thoughtful advice  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: rOCD and distance.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 06:38:14 AM »
I don't suffer from OCD or anything similar. But have been in a few long distance relationships. Thoughts are bound to enter your head. About what the other person is up to. I would gather this is what you are getting at. We don't expect them to sit in all the time. So we know they go out. It is when they go out the mind takes over. It is easy to sink into thinking the worst kind of thoughts. It does all come down to trust. How much do you really trust them. He loves you. You love him. Trust is the main thing here. Without trust there will always be doubt. You can worry yourself sick for no reason at all. He could just be out having some harmless fun with any new friends he has made. But you mind will begin to tell you other wise. You say you can't talk to him about it. Though it may be best to try and do so. I am sure he knows about your condition. So he will understand where the ideas are coming from. Trust is what you have to work on. Believe in him. That he is your man. He really loves you. Would do nothing to hurt you at all.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue