Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone ever had appendicitis?  (Read 176 times)

Offline drZoid13erg

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone ever had appendicitis?
« on: August 25, 2014, 10:11:33 PM »
Hello all I am new here, Recently I have worried about having appendicitis. It all started the other morning when I touched my stomach and on the right side near my belly button felt tender. Not a large amount of pain but enough to make me notice. As the day went on it stayed and to add to it I had an overall uneasiness and chills. Last night I tried to go to bed early only to wake up at 245 am feeling nausea and chills again, until I got to bed 315 ish. Today at work I really felt bad feeling like I was frozen and couldn't warm up, I haven't had a fever but the stomach thing is still tender to touch. Should I see a doctor or maybe is it something not that alarming
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone ever had appendicitis?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 06:55:56 PM »
I honestly think this would be worth seeing a doctor about, but I don't think you're looking at appendicitis. Appendicitis is a quick onset problem, with pain becoming very severe very quickly - it's not uncommon for people to pass out from the pain, which should give an indicator of how bad it can get.

That said, lower abdomen pain, particularly with chills and nausea, should not be ignored. Most likely it's a bug of some kind, or possibly food poisoning (the pain to the touch could be related to bloating) But it could be something more serious that needs to be treated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 06:59:44 PM »
How much force are you using to poke/prod your abdomen?

Did you have any symptoms prior to poking it? Because if you didn't, that really sounds like anxiety to me. And you have chills but no fever? And how often are you checking to see if your stomach is still tender?
I've done that before and made it much worse, 'cuz I keep poking at it, lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline So worried

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 07:01:59 PM »
I've had it! It was the worst pain ever! I was throwing up and rolling around in pain, I had it removed the next day. :-)
Bookmark and Share
No more google for me!!!!

Offline etethorpe

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 08:51:28 PM »
I've had appendicitis, it started in the morning about 9:00 ish, by noon I was in the ER and by supper time they were getting me ready for surgery.  By that time there was no question that something was wrong, the pain was really bad, I could hardly stand or walk.

Are you male or female?  If the later it's possible it could be an ovarian cyst or just plain old ovulation which can cause a pain in that area.  But if you are male, obviously this paragraph doesn't fit. lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline cravenmobile

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 08:53:38 PM »
My wife had it and she went from normal ache, to bad pain within a 6 hr perior. They had her prepped quickly and removed her appendix. If you had it you would know.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 09:13:06 PM »
I had apendicitis ANXIETY. Similar to what you are explaining although the chills at work were not something I experienced. As with usual anxiety when I forgot about my ailments I no longer felt them. I talked to some friends who had anxiety and they said the pain wasn't tender. It was full on agony where they couldn't function. Some mistook the pain for a bad vomiting bug at first but as the pain got noticeably worse they went for help.

I don't think you are looking at appendicitis. Anxiety can cause chills, pretty sever ones but they tend to be short lived. All in all I agree with what was said above, this is a case for a doctor visit. There are so many things it could be and only a doctor can help you feel better.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline Bonzlee

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • All is as its meant to be!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 05:25:45 AM »
I had my appendix removed and the pain came on suddenly and just kept getting worse and worse. It was 30 years ago so I don't remember fever and chills, but I do remember being horribly nauseous. I also remember just before surgery I was screaming from the pain, so it was really bad.

I've also had intestinal infections, and those can cause abdominal pain, fever and chills. They can cause terrible cramping in one particular area or all over the abdomen. So it can look like appendicitis. Sometimes the intestinal infection will go away on its own, but sometimes you need antibiotics. If it isn't improving with each passing day, I agree that a doctor's visit would be a good thing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 08:20:19 AM »
Welcome to anxietyzone. I would call your physician, to at least ease your mind.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: