Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Constant anxiety ever since Friday night  (Read 143 times)

Offline gdaversa19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Constant anxiety ever since Friday night
« on: August 25, 2014, 07:02:01 PM »
So I was in a resturant friday night and all of a sudden I got an anxiety attack when I noticed all the little conversations around me and my brain was on overload. So during/after I had a panic attack which is not uncommon for me. They usually just go away after a few minutes.

The thing with this one is its Monday at 7am EST and I still am suffering from the symptoms and feel constant anxiety. I have been on Lexapro 10mg, Klonopin 0.5mg 2x a day, and 30mg Buspar 2x a day for about 3-4 years and my anxiety has been fairly under control. All of a sudden the meds seem to not work and I feel like my life is crashing down. I just got a new job and I am getting married in May...I feel like I am going to lose it all. I was a basket case before I started on these meds and never want to return to that place.

I spoke with my pdoc and he said to possibly increase the klonopin to 3x's a day. Has anyone ever done this with success?

Any suggestions as to why this is happening would be great. Thank you all as always and keep fighting on!
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant anxiety ever since Friday night
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 06:46:43 AM »
Could it be the added pressure of the new job and the marriage coming up? Increased anxiety levels / stress levels. Things do build up within. Then suddenly they can explode. For what your doctor suggested, if you take extra and the day comes when that doesn't help any longer, do he suggest you take another one after that? In other words you can keep upping the medication every time you feel as bad as you do now. Nothing saying it will help. That is why I wonder has your stress levels got higher over the past while at all and suddenly came the inner explosion.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant anxiety ever since Friday night
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 10:59:52 AM »
I could surely see why there's new pressure with a new job and marriage.  If that's the trigger, your pdoc's suggestion makes sense.
You take 1 mg klonopin now.  And .5 extra during stress times.  My pdoc has me take 1 mg a day (I take it at night) and he says I can take
an extra .5 "as needed."  In a month and a half, I only needed the extra pill once.  And it helped right away.

And from what I hear 1.5 mg of klon is not a high dose.  Why not try it and see.  The good thing about klon is there is room to explore with
your doc till you find the right dose.  Klonopin saved me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: