Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Has anyone had experience with Iritis?  (Read 120 times)

Offline loridor

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Has anyone had experience with Iritis?
« on: August 25, 2014, 06:48:20 PM »
Hi, I haven't been here for a couple of years and have managed to keep my health anxiety pretty control.  But a new fear has reared its ugly head.

I was diagnosed with Iritis a few days ago and have been in a complete panic ever since.  Not because of the Iritis...which is an eye inflammation...but because 50% of the time there is an underlying disease associated with it.  Things such as MS, Lupus, IBD, lymphoma.  I am 68 years old and I am now terrified that there is something that caused this.  I am being treated and even though I know this can't be cured, I am so fearful now of the things. I have no symptoms of anything else and I have been enjoying great health and have been so relieved to not deal with the health anxiety. My doc said there is no reason to worry about testing after one or two of these inflammations but now I feel I am going to live my days just worrying all the time.  I know anxiety is only going to make things worse and bring on symptoms of things I am fearful of. 

Is there anyone with experience with this and would have some info to calm down this full-blown anxiety going on?

Thanks for listening.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Has anyone had experience with Iritis?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 08:30:01 PM »
I am sorry you are so frightened.  I really don't know anything about iritis except that it is a disease of the eye.  I have a couple of things with my eyes too.    But I thought I would chime in here:   you said  that 50% there is some underlying cause.  That means 50%  of the time  there ISN'T an underlying cause.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline loridor

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Has anyone had experience with Iritis?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 11:16:26 PM »
Thanks so much for your reply.  It did make me stop and think that those are pretty good odds.

It just has me so scared because the diseases that could be underlying are the very ones that so many of us here have the most concern about.  It sure hit me hard when I learned the seriousness of what I thought was going to be a simple eye infection.  I just hate that it has sent all the HA to the front burner again.  Deep breath here.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: