Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How long does it take to get normal?  (Read 249 times)

Offline Nicoline

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How long does it take to get normal?
« on: August 25, 2014, 04:38:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

My anxiety levels have been down for a while.. But that took a while! There is something i do not understand! Some days i'm totally fine and not feeling anxious but other days i'm again not feeling anxious but i do feel these weird sensations. Those r the days i highly doubt its only anxiety but it could all be MS (biggest fear).

I'm glad i'm leading a normal world, for the outside! But stupid MS fear is popping up everyday!

Ive been to the docs many many times, also a neurologist.
So my question is.. When does my body get back to normal? I feel whenever i'm stressed out about work or whatever, i need to start al over again!

I do not Google anymore. AZ is my Google ;-).

Hope someone has sort of an answer. Thanks!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: How long does it take to get normal?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 04:55:45 PM »
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

If you ARE reacting to sensations you feel, if you think it may be ____ illness, then you are monitoring.  Monitoring is a reactive habit that keeps a mind and body amped up.  Folks who find these sensations frightening are not really as calm and relaxed as they think they are.

AND even once a person is well on the road to recovery, his/her body has learned to over react physically when there is no danger in the past.  His/Her body will likely always have the propensity to "go off" seemingly without reason.    As an example:  I had a recurrence of an eye ailment that is caused by excess adrenaline for some people due to me being nervous about having my 50 yr old colonoscopy.  My being nervous was enough to set off my fight/flight response which was enough to have my eye issue reassert itself. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 05:34:24 PM »
Hi Nicoline,

I was just looking at some of your older posts, you have seen a neurologist - has your dr. prescribed any medication to assist in the getting out of this anxiety disorder?

Just wondering, if you are involved with any CBT of self-therapy, or a psychologist?

I personally, had to use all these tools to finally rid my life from these anxiety nightmares!  :yes:

I know this vicious cycle of anxiety personally, so I know some days look long and hopeless, but just need to keep moving forward  :nature-smiley-016:

It personally took me 13 years to finally overcome and control my Panic Disorder, GAD, and OCD - but back in 1979 - we didn't have the great tools and medications that we have today - we live in a time - where we have such great medical and psychological breakthroughs that were unheard of 30 years ago...

Keep moving forward - you will overcome this  :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline completelyinsane

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 05:58:39 PM »
Hi Nicoline!

I am suffering from a severe level of anxiety and this is exactly how i feel... It's a constant cycle. I have mood swings all the time because of it and it's horrible. Some days i feel okay but still quite worried that i might die of cancer or other disease.

I'm really happy that you are feeling better and I HOPE that one day i could just forget about my worries and live a better life... I'm still looking for a solution!

Don't give up!

All Best
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nicoline

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 06:12:11 AM »
Thank you all for explaining. I know i have to accept it but thats the shitiest part of all!

Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 07:21:45 PM »
I just wanted to let you know, and everybody for that matter, that we ARE NORMAL.  Anxiety is normal.  Ok, so our anxiety manifests itself on a strange way (HA) and sometimes it gets the best of us..  That's ok, doesn't make us abnormal. 

There are some people that go through life not letting anything have gotten them down..  How boring would that be?  Seriously? 

Just trying to share another way of looking at it..

Bookmark and Share

Online bearsfb66

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 08:40:31 PM »
For me you would have to define normal. I've had health anxiety for 25 years as I'm 30 years old. It sucks but I fear a variety of diseases and right now it's ALS. I'm 99.9999% sure I'm ok but it's that small fraction of a percent that can ruin my day. I fight the need to go and get reassurance from a doctor because the relief only lasts a few days or weeks before the anxiety comes back. But I work every day and I am able to live a "normal life". The only difference is I have to fight health anxiety daily. Keep your head up and if you find yourself in a low point for an extended period of time I would recommend seeing a Psycologist.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 09:11:25 PM »
I don't think you ever become normal, I think you learn to adjust.  My first memories are of anxiety.  I know take an anti-depressant and have been seeing a therapist for several years.  With those tools, I keep it at a manageable level.  Most days, it rarely crosses my mind.  Others, it's a struggle but I use my tools and I no longer obsess for hours or days.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Normal again