Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 390 times)

Offline will402

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Suggestion
« on: August 25, 2014, 04:01:33 PM »
Hello.

How do I suggestion a new section for depersonalization and derealization in the related issues section?

Seems like a big and confusing thing which could do with it's own section?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 05:43:38 AM »
Can't see it ever happening. We have enough boards as it is. If people suffer from whatever disorder they suffer from, simply stick the post in that section. It is a common symptom of anxiety. That is why a board would never be made just for it. You would have others wanting a new board for all the symptoms of anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline will402

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 07:45:40 PM »
I would have to disagree. From my findings and experience it's is more than a symptom to many and is an actual disorder in itself. One that has not much information out there.

I also make this point as their is a dedicated forum to dp/dr but it is VERY negative with a lot of self loathing. I have found this site to be constructive and positive and personally feel a lot of people would benefit. That's just my thoughts.

Are you the decision maker? How does it work?

Thanks for your reply. Will
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 06:34:06 AM »
The owner of the forum / site is the man to ask. But who gets DP / DR? Only people with anxiety. I don't see it as a condition all by itself. If the people didn't have their anxiety or other disorders they wouldn't have the DP / DR. It always follows on after a person gets anxiety. Thus making it a symptom of the anxiety. I will agree that it can hit people bad. It may seem that is all they have. But their anxiety was what brought it on. Just we have had suggestions for extra boards before. They have never happened because they were more just symptoms of other disorders. Just can't imagine a board for any one symptom. But PM GG the owner. You never know your luck.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 04:52:29 PM »
I do agree with cuch on all points.   :yes:   We are not the runners of the roost, of course, but we were mods for a good while and saw suggestions for other boards here and there.  Really have to look at how active new boards would be.  Have a look around at some of the boards here already, some don't get any posts for weeks at a time.  You can, naturally, message greygoose directly----hey you never know. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline will402

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 05:22:21 AM »
Yeah your right about the anxiety thing coming first. Thanks guy was just a thought I had. I guess if there is ever a overhaul of the forum structure it might be worth a mention. Still thanks for the replies

Will
Bookmark and Share

Tags: