Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Starting to lose hope.  (Read 137 times)

Offline wanderlust2386

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Starting to lose hope.
« on: August 25, 2014, 12:39:08 AM »
I don't even know where to start. I have been suffering from panic attacks since March of this year. I started seeing a new GP, who put me on Zoloft and a very small dose of Xanax when needed. I have really bad back pain, chest pain, face numbness/tingling, etc. But my worst symptom is the constant heart palpitations, like i hear it THUMPING hard in my chest randomly and especially at night when I lay down. He took a chest xray, did an EKG and ran a full blood panel. Everything was normal, except my vitamin D was low. I don't like Zoloft because it makes my anxiety go through the roof and extremely uncomfortable. I've seen him about once every two weeks since then. He told me to go to physical therapy for my back. He just keeps upping my dose of zoloft even though I tell him I don't like it, he says it's because it's not high enough. I started seeing a psychologist, but she only has appointments every two weeks, so I feel like it's barely helping. My doctor did tell me he would do an Echo if I absolutely wanted. The only thing that puts me at ease is that when I take xanax, my heart palpitations stop. But he only gives me 8 per month, and also I don't want to live on that crap the rest of my life. I guess I'm just losing hope. I feel like this is a battle I can't win. I'm uncomfortable all the time. I can't sleep. I've lost about 10lbs since April. I'm irritable all the time and SO SO tired. The hypochondriac part of me can't help but think there is something really wrong, like what if he is missing something? But ive been told time and time again that it's just anxiety. That all my physical symptoms are manifestations of the disorder. So what do i do? What has worked for you? I try to listen to music, or do breathing excercises, but I just can't focus. My dad died a year and half ago when I was 26 and the whole first year i was fine and then BAM it's here, I don't get it. I wasn't feeling depressed at first, but this constant worry, this horrible feeling, is starting to get to me. I feel lifeless. I can't even remember what it feels like to really relax. The only upside to this story is that my panic attacks are less frequent. Now I have more of a constant worry. I guess I'm just looking for some positive outlooks. I just don't know what to do anymore :( Any advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: Starting to lose hope.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 03:45:34 AM »
Since I have suffered so many years with Anxiety Disorders - I had to keep trying to find a good doctor who was willing to work with me.

Finding a good doctor that is not afraid to prescribe the right medications - like Benzodiazepines as Needed are harder to find.

Is it possible to switch to another doctor or better yet ... A psychiatrist?

Most general doctors are not comfortable prescribing Benzodiazepines - but Psychiatrists are much more helpful in getting you on the right dosage of ADs and benzodiazepine in working to help stabilize your anxiety with a long half life benzodiazepine as Klonopin along with your SSRI.

Remember you are the customer (patient)  and you are ultimately responsible for own mental health.  Take your power back and find a Dr. that is supportive and listens to you.

It's like getting out of bad relationship and into a good and healthy  one.

I noticed my stress levels dropped quickly - once I had a Psychiatrist or doctors who would work with me.

Let us know how you are progressing.  And feel free to ask about any questions or concerns.

You are doing a lot positive work and you have a bright future ahead.
 :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline lfiasche

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Starting to lose hope.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 09:10:22 AM »
 I agree with Never-Quit. You have to be proactive and take the wheel. Maybe zoloft is not the right one for you. I personally take prozac and buspar. Its taken awhile to get where I am. I see a pdoc that I like regulary. I really think they are the way to go, GPs are not as well versed in these things. I have been where you are , it gets better ! I promise ! Take the wheel !
Bookmark and Share

Tags: