Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Girlfriend in the hospital... Worried sick  (Read 644 times)

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 240
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Girlfriend in the hospital... Worried sick
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 08:45:21 AM »
I'm not even so sure it was an actual seizure, isn't there some sort of convulsive episodes that can be set off immediately after a head injury?
Also, with my anxiety and depression I was insanely stressed the moment I found her and I still am. I don't even feel like I'm ready to see her again yet, it's really bothering me. A combination of what I saw and the guilt.

personally I don't think a fall and a knock to the head would cause a seizure UNLESS it was a serious head injury.  According to the tests and what the doctor said, it wasn't a serious head injury.  That seems evident since she was not even held over for observation.

so that is rather the reason I asked about what caused the fall.  did she hit something in the road that caused it or did a seizure cause the fall?  AND is she aware of why she fell? By that, I mean, can she tell you she swerved or hit a rock or rut in the road?   Then there is the question of what you actually saw?  Was it really a seizure/convulsion or was that just your perception of it?   It is possible that she fainted and was starting rouse when you looked back, for instance.  I see seizures all of the time with my daughter--different types of seizures too-- so I would be confident if I saw one.  some folks, who haven't seen seizures before, may not know. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 13
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 09:55:16 AM »
Sorry about what happened. I know that was a horrific thing to witness, as it has happened to me too. Well, something similar:

My daughter was 3 and she once was walking a bit too close to the swings at a park and the when the person swung back, they slammed into her and sent her flying and she landed on her back. I saw it happen, I was pretty close by, and ran over to her. I did the absolute wrong thing and grabbed her in my arms. She tried to scream, opened her mouth and no sound came out. That terrified me. Then her eyes rolled back and she had a look I had never seen her have before.
One of my friends was at the park as well and was an ER nurse, so I immediately ran to her with my daughter in my arms. She took one look and said "just hold her, she's having a seizure". I was flipped, but tried to stay calm. It only lasted several seconds and then she came to.
My friend called the hospital she worked at for us to immediately come in for a CT. Turns out she was fine, no damage to her brain at all.
So I think it is possible for this to happen.
Wishing the best for your GF and you.
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 10:47:12 AM »
I can imagine how scary this is for you. You were not at fault for her injury. I understand that it can be difficult to see her with your stress but I encourage you to do so, you can support each other. And please encourage her to follow up with her primary care doctor in a few days for a follow up evaluation. Keep us updated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 240
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 12:17:11 PM »
My daughter was 3 and she once was walking a bit too close to the swings at a park and the when the person swung back, they slammed into her and sent her flying and she landed on her back. I saw it happen, I was pretty close by, and ran over to her. I did the absolute wrong thing and grabbed her in my arms. She tried to scream, opened her mouth and no sound came out. That terrified me. Then her eyes rolled back and she had a look I had never seen her have before.
One of my friends was at the park as well and was an ER nurse, so I immediately ran to her with my daughter in my arms. She took one look and said "just hold her, she's having a seizure". I was flipped, but tried to stay calm. It only lasted several seconds and then she came to.

interesting

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state