Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety all day long  (Read 144 times)

Offline b10ndie

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anxiety all day long
« on: August 24, 2014, 11:05:53 PM »
I've tried taking 2 klonopin today and nothing is helping my racing heart calm down. I feel sick so I can't eat a lot. I don't know what to do. Deep breathing isn't helping either 
Bookmark and Share

Offline worrierJ

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety all day long
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 10:27:39 AM »
Hi there! I get this too. One time while my heart was doing acrobatics (thump thump thump) I tried deep breathing exercises. Mistake. I had my husband bring me to the E.R. because after a while I felt like I was going to faint. I saw my doctor about this and he said that my deep breathing magnified my anxiety attack. I wasn't doing it right. Instead of being zen,I was sucking as much air in. He advised me to go do something else and keep myself occupied the next time it happened. So the next time I felt them, I kept myself busy and I forgot about it after a while. Hope this helps somehow.
Bookmark and Share

Offline b10ndie

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 01:47:17 PM »
Thanks for you're reply. I think Maybe I do the breathing wrong too. I w as thinking about trying one big those meditation cds or the ones that help with deep breathing. Sometimes distracting myself works but hasn't helped much lately
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 04:55:13 PM »
I've tried taking 2 klonopin today and nothing is helping my racing heart calm down. I feel sick so I can't eat a lot. I don't know what to do. Deep breathing isn't helping either

Hi B10,

The Klonopin will work - IME of using it... It just depends on the dosage and the timing...

In using Klonopin, it is very different than Xanax or Ativan - where Xanax and Ativan (Lorazepam) work very quickly, but don't last very long (4-6) hours - depending on the dosage.

How many mg of Klonopin and what times are you use using them?  Are you using them as needed or on a daily basis?

:action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: