Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss, someone please talk me down  (Read 135 times)

Offline StrawberryCraze91

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weight loss, someone please talk me down
« on: August 24, 2014, 10:26:04 PM »
OK, so back in June/July when my anxiety was at an all time high and I was hardly eating I lost weight like a whole clothing size in about 10-14 days.  I was scared sick, convinced I had cancer and was a nervous wreck 24/7 I even had morning anxiety every single day. 

I went to see my doc and she didn't see the need to order the chest-ray, ultrasound and more bloodwork that I wanted(my symptoms were sternum pain, armpit pain, weight loss and constant fear).  She gave me a script for Xanax and the number to a counseling facility.

I gained some of the weight back.  But like 3 days after my appointment I got sick(coughing up yellow phlegm, sore throat, runny nose, sneezing). This lasted for 2 weeks and I got better, then I got better.  Last week I had a sore throat and I noticed a lymph node in my neck again.  I had the node for 3 weeks already and I keep poking it. I think it feels bigger but my mom felt it and said it's nothing.

I am losing weight again, last week my hips were 1/2inch bigger.  I have not changed my diet and I am not exercising(unless you count the jog/walk I took yesterday).

I keep reading that weight loss and frequent colds are a sign of lymphoma.  Please help me I am scared.

Bookmark and Share
Pslam 56:3
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.

Isaiah 54:17
"No weapon that is formed against you will prosper"

Peter 5:7
"casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss, someone please talk me down
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 10:27:45 AM »
Not eating and being in a constant state of anxiety is a great way to lose weight in a hurry, but it's sure not a diet I would recommend. 

Even if you're not consciously changing your diet, nerves can affect how we eat. 

And as for the on-again off-again cold, I had one like that in April.  It was awful, and every time I thought I was over it, it came back, and took a few weeks to run its course.  I was worried too until someone else on this board mentioned that it was going around their office.  You probably just picked that up.
Bookmark and Share