Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Why oh Why :(  (Read 146 times)

Offline cameronj

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Why oh Why :(
« on: August 24, 2014, 04:39:02 PM »
I was doing really well for almost a week and then I started worrying about lung cancer because of a tickle cough. Of course, the cough disappeared, but unfortunately I went right back to my heart attack fear/obsession. It's so frustrating because I'm young, healthy, and my heart is clearly fine based on my medical evidence and all of the exercising I do and yet I continue to fixate on this stupid fear. I had some left shoulder and and upper left back discomfort that started yesterday afternoon and has continued to persist today (clearly not heart related since I would've had an issue by now). I can pinpoint the exact location and if I turn or stretch the area, I can feel it, which leads me to believe that it is just muscular or stress related. But of course, part of me keeps saying no, it's your heart. I'm seeing a psychiatrist and clinical psychologist on September 15 and I honestly wish I could just fast forward and start getting this taken care of. This heart fear is going to drive me crazy and I keep bugging my mom about how I'm going to have a heart attack 
Bookmark and Share

Offline fordaisy

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why oh Why :(
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 06:09:58 PM »
you are too young for a heart attack. You are fine, just have a lot of anxiety. Don't google!
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why oh Why :(
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 06:24:05 PM »
Hey Cameron,

Take comfort in the fact that every single medical test you've had has been perfectly clear. If anything was really wrong with your heart the multiple tests you've had done would've shown an inconsistency. You're alright and you're not going to have a heart attack! Try and stay calm, I know you can beat this ::)

Always here if you need to talk!

Brittany
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Tags: