Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Mold in my lung & its growing!!  (Read 474 times)

Online jimmy7777

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
Mold in my lung & its growing!!
« on: August 24, 2014, 03:52:58 PM »
Ok here's my story. I recently was living in a house full of mold and been having bad breathing problems. They actually get so bad tjat my inhaler doesn't help. Well after looking this up on google and reading all the horror stories, I've came to the conclusion that I now have the mold that was all in my has growing in my lungs. I'm serioisly freaking and I just hope that the mold just upset my asthma and isn't actually growing in my lungs, but I'm pretty sure that it is.
Bookmark and Share
There is nothing we can do with suffering
except suffer it. "C.S Lewis"

Online jimmy7777

Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mold in my lung & its growing!!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 05:32:31 PM »
Bump
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »
Unless you have a depressed immune systam there is no risk beyond peripheral symptoms.  Relax, all is well.
Bookmark and Share

Online jimmy7777

Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 05:46:20 PM »
Well I'm thinking that I do have a weak immune system from steess , anxiety and depression. I've been highly steesses and depressed for the last year, and I'm peetty sure that has had tohave weakened it. Plus I already have asthma and weak lungs.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 06:08:50 PM »
this is a really unusual fear.  I don't think I've seen anyone fearing mold growing in their lungs before.

anxiety and stress isn't going to weaken your immune system to the point that you end up with mold in your lungs.

I would bet my house this isn't occurring with you.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Online jimmy7777

Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 09:06:41 PM »
Its a fungus that grows in your lungs. Its caused by toxic mold aka black mold.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 27
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 10:42:35 PM »
Ok here is the deal on the notorious black mold study.  I did my residency in Cleveland and did a rotation at Metro Health.  Much of the research done came from a researcher with close ties to that hospital.  It was common knowledge that the study conducted was junk science.  The researcher himself later admitted to manipulating results.  In the medical community it's commonly known as nonsense.  Lawyers still try to sue over it.  Companies still try to scam people out of hard earned money to clean up the mold.  I am allergic to molds of any kind, as tested by allergy testing.  I lived in house with more mold than paint.  Never had issues.  The only people that need to worry about these sort of things is the immunocompromised.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Online jimmy7777

Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 08:15:32 AM »
Ok here is the deal on the notorious black mold study.  I did my residency in Cleveland and did a rotation at Metro Health.  Much of the research done came from a researcher with close ties to that hospital.  It was common knowledge that the study conducted was junk science.  The researcher himself later admitted to manipulating results.  In the medical community it's commonly known as nonsense.  Lawyers still try to sue over it.  Companies still try to scam people out of hard earned money to clean up the mold.  I am allergic to molds of any kind, as tested by allergy testing.  I lived in house with more mold than paint.  Never had issues.  The only people that need to worry about these sort of things is the immunocompromised.

Thank, that does make me feel better , but couldn't I have a weak immune system from stress and depression? and also I have a pretty unhealthy diet and lifestyle, and asthma, bronchitis and bad lungs.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 09:04:56 AM »
immunocompromised  happens to people on chemo treatment for cancers and aids and other diseases that destroy immune systems.

are you on chemo?  do you have full blown aids?  do you actually have a disease that compromises your immune system?

what your anxious thinking is telling you with regards to your immune  system being compromised  is incorrect.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 10:02:08 AM »

Thank, that does make me feel better , but couldn't I have a weak immune system from stress and depression? and also I have a pretty unhealthy diet and lifestyle, and asthma, bronchitis and bad lungs.

Not the kind that would give you problems with mold.  If you have late stage AIDS, or going through chemo then you might need to be concerned.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Online jimmy7777

Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 02:00:51 PM »
Thanks , that does make me feel better about the mold, but now I'm worries about COPD lol. Yea my hypochondria is that bad. It's pretty much one lung disease after another roght now. I have a Dr appointment Friday.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 04:16:20 PM »
Thanks , that does make me feel better about the mold, but now I'm worries about COPD lol. Yea my hypochondria is that bad. It's pretty much one lung disease after another roght now. I have a Dr appointment Friday.

Well, if you are worried about your lungs and you smoke...then that is a legit worry.  Stop smoking.  If you are worried about COPD without a history of smoking, then you have an unwarranted fear.
Bookmark and Share

Online jimmy7777

Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 04:44:38 PM »

Well, if you are worried about your lungs and you smoke...then that is a legit worry.  Stop smoking.  If you are worried about COPD without a history of smoking, then you have an unwarranted fear.

I haven't smoked in 6 months.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 05:20:26 PM »
Make a list of all your questions for the dr.
Update us on how the appt goes.
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Offline ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 06:33:18 PM »
How long had you been smoking, how many packs a day during that time and how old are you?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: