Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: If I had a brain Tumor...  (Read 225 times)

Offline Chloe1990

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
If I had a brain Tumor...
« on: August 24, 2014, 07:57:22 AM »
Would I be able to bounce on a trampoline and land on my bum and push myself upright on my legs?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: If I had a brain Tumor...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 08:44:43 AM »
I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with a brain tumor :P

Bookmark and Share
"everything will be alright in the end. If everything's not alright, it's not quite the end!"

Offline Chloe1990

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:45:48 AM »
Yeah but I know that it effects your balance and such...
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 10:36:58 AM »
warning:  some info below will make you happy (for the moment anyway  :winking0008:) and some will likely get your anxious mind searching for new evidence that you have a brain tumor.   

remember you don't have a tumor.  you have an anxiety disorder.  an anxiety disorder that is throwing you around like a rag doll.

SO  HERE GOES

+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+

brain tumors, once large enough to be symptomatic, affect the parts/areas of the brain it is closest to first.  Hence, why brain tumors  present differently for different people.  As an example my dad's brain tumor was in his temporal lobe and my sister's was in her frontal lobe.  their presenting symptoms were different.  as the tumors grew more brain function was impacted.  at which point they did have symptom overlap.    So one person with a brain tumor may present with balance issues and another may present with personality changes.  One common symptom among brain tumors (not dependent on location of the tumor) is some form of seizures.  Brain tumors aggravate the brain.  an aggravated brain will react with seizures.

Now in no way do I think you have a brain tumor and I have not seen you post anything that hints at seizure, but your example above doesn't prove brain tumor one way or the other.  Only that, imo, you don't have a tumor that is affecting your balance or large enough to affect your gross motor skills.   

Do NOT go looking up brain tumors or seizures.  Do not engage in self-checking behaviors or endlessly obsess about tumors.  These actions only hurt you mentally and physically.    Saying you "know this" but you do it anyway or "I can't help it" are simply excuses BEASTY uses to keep a mind trapped in the cycle.   If you want to get better, if you are tired of getting rag dolled around, you will have to change your mindset and actions.  Yes it is hard.  That is a given.  However until you REALLY take the leap of faith, you are going to continue living fearfully.

Good luck and be well.

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 10:37:37 AM »
"Yeah but I know that it effects your balance and such..."

What's going on here is not a brain tumor but something called "Yeah But" disease. "Yeah But" disease symptoms occur after irrational thoughts or fears come into your mind. The subject then Googles the symptoms convincing themselves that the irrational thought/symptom is something sinister. The next symptom is seeking reassurance, and the final symptom after a logical explanation or test shows nothing physical is wrong is the "Yeah But's". A classic case if you ask me ;)

Bouncing on a trampoline sounds like a lot of fun if you ask me :)

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 10:54:39 AM »
"[b]Yeah but I know that it effects your balance and such..."[/b]

What's going on here is not a brain tumor but something called "Yeah But" disease. "Yeah But" disease symptoms occur after irrational thoughts or fears come into your mind. The subject then Googles the symptoms convincing themselves that the irrational thought/symptom is something sinister. The next symptom is seeking reassurance, and the final symptom after a logical explanation or test shows nothing physical is wrong is the "Yeah But's". A classic case if you ask me ;)

Bouncing on a trampoline sounds like a lot of fun if you ask me :)

Positive thoughts

hehehehe   "yeah but" disease  runs rampant around here.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Chloe1990

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 03:50:56 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I'm feeling constantly strange and lightheaded. I don't feel like me anymore. I'm exhausted all the time as well. I don't even know what could be going on. I've made an appointment with my doctor but I can't see her for another week. I just want this to end. I'm so frightned all the time..
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 03:54:03 PM »
I'd be more afraid of falling off the trampoline and hitting my head. LOL
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I'm feeling constantly strange and lightheaded. I don't feel like me anymore. I'm exhausted all the time as well. I don't even know what could be going on. I've made an appointment with my doctor but I can't see her for another week. I just want this to end. I'm so frightned all the time..

you are describing anxiety.     It seems like you don't know how badly anxiety/stress affect a mind and body.  It seems like you think of anxiety as a *just*.  As if it is a nuisance sort of thing.  Like it can't really impact a mind and body.    as my sister told me when she had her tumor,  " I feel fine, I just can't walk on my leg without support and my hand isn't working and I keep peeing my pants."   

anyway good luck and be well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chloe1990

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 04:01:29 PM »
I only jumped on it too test myself, which I know I shouldn't be doing but it's too tempting.
I also keep hopping on one leg, and to using my fingers to my nose. It's maddening! The only relief I get is when I'm asleep. I think I may get up tomorrow and just say to myself I'm not gonna be scared if you today and try to distract myself and see how I go
Bookmark and Share

Tags: