Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Food keeps coming up  (Read 86 times)

Offline sickofsickness

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Food keeps coming up
« on: August 24, 2014, 02:04:50 AM »
So for the past few weeks I've been having some stomach issues---a lot of gas, indigestion, and upper abdominal pain with occasional heartburn. Over the past few days though things have gotten worse. After I eat my food has constantly been coming up. I want to say I'm burping up food, and I guess I was, at first. But now it's almost feels like I'm vomiting. It's been worse than ever tonight, with the watermelon I ate about an hour ago STILL coming up. Gas is one thing but this whole essentially vomiting thing has me terrified. Regardless of any comments here I will definitely be visiting the doctor tomorrow (not the ER), but has anyone ever experienced this? I know I'm not done vomiting either because I still feel the food stuck in my throat. At this point I'm fearing the worst.
Bookmark and Share

Offline raggamuffin

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Food keeps coming up
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 02:13:54 AM »
You said fearing the worst? So the stress has been building and building with these issues and the issues have been getting more and more frequent to the point that you're no doubt obsessing over it day in day out and then you vomitted. Then you no doubt assumed it's got to the point where you can't keep food down and before you know it you're associating danger with eating and unable to keep it down and round and round the spiral of fear goes.

Don't make assumptions through fear, worry and paranoia. Don't assume there's anything majorly wrong. Take it slow with food, drink ginger or ginger and lemon tea for your nausea. peppermint tea or gum is good too. Natural yogurts to settle any stomach pains.

Give it a day or so and keep hydrated. If needs be see a Dr. But don't let the fear and worry drive you crazy because stress is no doubt the sole cause of these symptoms.

Ed
Bookmark and Share
Feel free to add me on the book of faces - "Ed Raggamuffin Foulds"

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 06:53:22 AM »
I get that mostly at night - it will wake me from a sleep and I have to quick sit up and keep swallowing!  I feel the food/liquid in my throat and every time I clear my throat I feel it there until it finally goes away.  I found that not eating anything 6 hours before I lay down is the clue.
I think it's just acid reflux.  You are probably getting severe indigestion.  If you go to a doctor he'll probably give you Protonix or something. (that's what they usually give for that problem)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 28
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 01:02:40 PM »
I didn't realize it, but I had anxiety-related acid reflux that got steadily worse over the years. I finally went to the doc when the same thing started happening to me: when I was really anxious or ate too much, I would burp up some reflux acid and food. Scary.

I'm on Prilosec now, which has totally controlled the acid reflux, but I'm looking into either anti-anxiety meds like Ativan, which have shown promise in controlling anxiety-related acid reflux, or a local naturopath who apparently cured acid reflux in two of my friends.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: