Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: "Narrating" thoughts?  (Read 332 times)

Offline TheCivilYoshi

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
"Narrating" thoughts?
« on: August 23, 2014, 10:25:15 PM »
So, this is a new event to me. My thoughts began narrating everything i was doing. I was starting to get very freaked out and anxious from it. I have Pure-O, and an especially big fear of schizophrenia. What should i do in this situation to let the thoughts die down? Just let them sit there? Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Basically, it was as if my mind was making up a third person narrative of what i was doing and feeling in the moment. It was partially disturbing, honestly. I feel like its going to keep happening, now.

Thank you for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lmcc87

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: "Narrating" thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:47:29 PM »
That is completely normal for people with anxiety. I have a similar situation where I imagine what I would say or I'd have full blown conversations in my head. I've been to a treatment centre in the past and it's completely normal for these types of thoughts or whatever they are. Especially in people with anxiety/depression/addiction. Don't worry.
Bookmark and Share
If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life - and only then will I be free to become myself.

Offline MR PA

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 07:49:55 AM »
I thought I was the only one,I have very bad anxiety these last 3 months and when I watch tv I repeat the dialogue in my head,I hate this worst the anything.I never had this pro elm all my life with anxiety 20 yrs
Bookmark and Share

Offline Peace-n-Love

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 08:28:54 PM »
I have arguments all the time with myself in my mind.  :spineyes: I call one my "anxiety voice" and one my "rational voice" Guess which one usually wins?
Bookmark and Share
Peace is not a fashion statement, it's a lifestyle. An elusive force in which I hope to find in my personal torn mind.

I HEART CBT!!!

Offline Twofaith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 08:47:23 AM »
I too suffer this way! I never even thought to call is narration, but that's precisely what it is. I hate the part with the TV too. I get up and realize I have another 17 to 18 hours of this awaiting me. I am a Christian and have terrible guilt as I am wasting the  life HE gave me. Anybody else have this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MR PA

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 03:35:51 PM »
I too suffer this way! I never even thought to call is narration, but that's precisely what it is. I hate the part with the TV too. I get up and realize I have another 17 to 18 hours of this awaiting me. I am a Christian and have terrible guilt as I am wasting the  life HE gave me. Anybody else have this?

Yep I lay in bed everyday trying to get better 88 days
Bookmark and Share

Offline Twofaith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 12:52:02 AM »
Ugh, ugh, and ugh again!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: