Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Had enough  (Read 120 times)

Offline phil_t2cs

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Had enough
« on: August 23, 2014, 10:18:22 PM »
End of my rope folks (no pun intended).

I genuinely see no way forward.  I have made massive steps forward and am proud of how I have dealt with this for over 2 years now but I've definitely hit a brick wall recently.

Lost the one person who knew how I was feeling and could really help me. 

Trying to reduce my meds at the minute and struggling big time. Have to accept that I ccould be on these for the rest of my life.

This site gives me a perfect platform to rant and rave as I have just done. Find it very cathartic but of course any advice is more tthan welcome.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Had enough
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 12:30:35 AM »
Don't give up my friend. This is a phase you are going through. You don't need anyone else - you yourself have to manage this. You shouldn't depend on others. And the fear of having to be on meds all your life is a common thought of those with anxiety/depression/mental illnesses. It is not true. It is entirely dependant on you. I have the same fear but I am determined that I won't be on meds for all my life. And I will take steps to prevent having to be on meds all my life. Not only that, but people with diabetes have to take certain steps their entire life. People with epilepsy have to take meds all their life. There are many people who cannot survive without meds. Is this a weakness? Of course it is not. So don't think of having an anxiety disorder is any different.

We cannot expect that overcoming excess anxiety is going to be an easy ride - we should expect to hit walls. Everything we do, whether it be learning a new skill, maintaining a relationship, or being creative, we always hit walls. It is something that is inevitable (it is unfortunate but true). It is how we progress from there that matters. Giving up is the worse we can do.

Remember it is just a phase.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 10:20:15 AM »
Hi, sorry you're having a hard time.  Could I ask why you're trying to reduce meds?  Are you doing it with a doctor's help.
That can be dangerous.  To me there's nothing wrong with being on medicine all your life.  It's a beautiful thing if it helps you.
Some people have to take insulin or blood pressure med all their life.  They don't feel shame about that.

I think there is too much self judgement with meds for mental health.  You wouldnt just yourself for taking pills for your body.
Mental health IS about your body.  It's about keeping your brain healthy.

May I ask how old you are?  Never give up.  Your happiness is worth fighting for.  I have finally found my happiness again after
taking klonopin for GAD.  I've felt great now for 7 weeks after half a year of suffering and searching for answers.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jebbarebba

• Jeff
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 07:42:04 PM »
I am 44 and have been there several times my friend.  As they say, "This, too, shall pass".  Of course while it's going on it can be so painful.

I had a psychiatrist tell me in my 20s that I would most likely be medicated for the rest of my life.  When I became sullen he asked me why that bothered me.  I explained that I didn't want to have to rely of meds.  His response was somewhat helpful.  He told me that I didn't have to rely on meds, but that my life might well be much more fulfilling with a more balanced brain chemistry- and that I was lucky to be living in a time where there was a way to accomplish that...  I made the decision then that I was going to find a cocktail of time-tested meds that would allow me to improve my quality of life.  I continue to struggle from time to time and the meds and requirements of the doctors and what meds they prefer have changed, but I'm surviving and even living.

Take good care of yourself and never hesitate to ask for help.
Bookmark and Share
My father is a psychiatrist and I need one

Offline b10ndie

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 11:59:23 PM »
Don't give up!  I am in the same spot lost the one person who I thought understood me. But I realized it's up to me to love myself and do what I can do get better. Concentrate on yourself and focus on the good and positives in you're life. I guess it's easier said than done
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything