Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hypochondria, false or exaggerated sensations??  (Read 207 times)

Online lmcc87

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hypochondria, false or exaggerated sensations??
« on: August 23, 2014, 09:28:57 PM »
Ok does anyone else experience weird sensations with anxiety? I get the usual rapid heart beat, dizziness, chest tightness. A few years back I got this cold sensation at the top of my head, it doesn't feel like it's in my head just on my scalp. So after a few days this went away, it returned briefly maybe a year later and recently I've been experiencing it but it's been going on a lot, the sensation is much stronger but also I get a tingling or burning sensation in the same area, also feels as though I've a head band on sometimes. it's so unsettling and gets worse the more I think about it. My anxiety has been very bad the past few months which probably brought it on but I keep having to remind myself that I'm not dying but I have loads of what ifs. Two doctors have told me it anxiety and it will pass.
Bookmark and Share
If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life - and only then will I be free to become myself.

Offline Smitten

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hypochondria, false or exaggerated sensations??
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 09:44:58 PM »
I've experienced this - I actually felt tingling in my head today. Not the first time this has happened. It always scares me but I'm usually able to talk myself down and remind myself it's just anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Online lmcc87

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 10:22:45 PM »
My anxiety is so unbearable the past few months. I had to leave a job, defer university and basically manage to leave home an hour a day at best, if I get a symptom under control another comes along. Already tonight I thought I was having a heart attack, the a blood clot in my leg and some sort of brain injury causing the sensations. The mind is a powerful thing, I really want to live a normallife. I appreciate your reply it has eased my mind somewhat  😊
Bookmark and Share
If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life - and only then will I be free to become myself.

Offline Smitten

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 10:49:02 PM »
I've had all of those fears. I haven't had the blood clot fear for years, but I used to - that was probably 13 years ago and still no blood clot. The mind is so powerful. I still have the heart attack fears - just had one last night. I get those every so often - been having them for years as well. I realized today when worried about my tingling head (vibrating) that 15 years ago I went to the ER for the exact same symptom - I was diagnosed with anxiety. I think we have to make ourselves think logically about what's going on with our bodies. I know from experience it is very hard to do. Stress makes it so much worse. Hang in there - it does get better.
Bookmark and Share

Online lmcc87

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 10:58:43 PM »
Cheers I appreciate that, this forum is a God send. I'm on a waiting list for cbt just hoping I dont have to wait too long.
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 11:50:51 PM »
I get the same ones you describe and more.  Fun, isn't it :P  Anxiety really messes with your body.  Not in a dangerous way; it just makes you really uncomfortable.
Bookmark and Share

Online lmcc87

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 11:53:54 PM »
It almost feels like there's a wet cloth on my scalp and then goes burning or tingling. Have you gotten that? Any way to get rid of it?
Bookmark and Share

Online lmcc87

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 04:59:08 PM »
So I have been with the doc again and he prescribed olanzapine which is working. I've had very little anxiety the past few days but the cold sensation on my head is still there. I mentioned it again to my doctor he seemed to not be worried about it. I've had it on and off for a few years. If it was serious I'd be dead by now right? Just wish it'd go away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smitten

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 05:28:34 PM »
I think it will probably go away when you stop focusing on it. I focus on things all of the time. I'm horrible at it. I've got this smell thing going on right now, and I notice that it goes away when I'm not thinking about it, but as soon as I start realizing - "Hey, it's gone!" It comes right back! My head feels funny when I'm stressing - I always try to shift my thinking to something else and then it straightens up.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: