Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: afraid of rabies...  (Read 145 times)

Offline Jesxica

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
afraid of rabies...
« on: August 23, 2014, 12:46:02 PM »
Okay, so for the past 2 years I have been having these anxiety attacks about various health issues. It's been about everything in the book. Right now, I'm worried about rabies. I have 2 cats and they're indoor cats, but one of them (who has had his shot) was outside for about 2 hours and from what I could see on him, he didn't get in a fight with another animal (not only is he more likely to run away from something, but I checked him for fur that wasn't his, matted fur on him, etc. And he just looked normal. Now my other cat is just a baby, and when that happened with my older cat, she wasn't vaccinated at the time because she was getting it in a couple of weeks from then. It's been about 4 months since then and I still find myself checking them for any symptoms that might indicate them being rabid, and I've found nothing aside from my younger cat vomiting from time to time (but she eats really fast and is always running around super hyper, and she's always been like that).

Now, almost 10 months ago I had this other cat we had to put down because she became paralyzed suddenly from the waist down and she was an indoor cat too and she was even more likely to run away from an animal and had had her shot. Plus she might have had a cancerous tumor in her paw. She bit me the night before we put her down. We mentioned it to the vet and so they had her tested. It came back negative, like what my family was constantly telling me.

I know I shouldn't be worried about the negative results almost a year ago, but now I'm worried about that.

I'm going off to college in 2 days and I find myself eager to get away from my cats who I love so much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: afraid of rabies...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 11:30:39 AM »
Rabies doesn't take years or months to show up, and even if it did you listed about 20 other reasons why you don't have rabies. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: cats hypochondria