Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sometimes I think my lips are a little blue - Low Oxygen?  (Read 199 times)

Offline ImObsessed

• "We're all here distracting ourselves until we die." -( J.J. Abrams)
  • Rec's: 2
  • Im an egomaniac with low self esteem
    • Poke This Member
Sometimes I think my lips are a little blue - Low Oxygen?
« on: August 23, 2014, 01:42:23 AM »
I am not in great shape so I get winded going up stairs, hills etc. Nothing new. All my life been like that. The other day at the Dr Office I notice my Blood oxygen was 91 on the finger oximeter. the Dr said he wasnt concerned. 3 months ago at a walk in clinic for the flu I noticed it was 99. So Im a little obsessed with this. I am very tempted to buy the meter they sell at CVS but I know I will drive myself nuts. Now Im constantly looking at my lips to see if they are blue. I check when I walk up stairs etc. They are'nt blue per say, but I do notice the outer lip line is a little darker sometimes. Like maybe the start of blue. When I look at my 19 year old daughters lips hers are cherry red-pink. Mine are dark in comparison. Any one have any comments about this? thanks!
Bookmark and Share
Im obsessed with my health and my current obsession is my liver.

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 31
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sometimes I think my lips are a little blue - Low Oxygen?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:32:15 AM »
Based on what you said, there's absolutely nothing physically going on out of the ordinary. You're practically admitting it's all in your mind. IMO, you are suffering form some OCD about this... (Well your screen name is a clue too ;) )...and DON'T buy a meter to check it, you're fine!

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline ImObsessed

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 12:58:08 AM »
I really worry about low oxygen levels especially overnight during sleep. A friend recently died from this so my fears have returned. Im always out of breath going up stairs, but this has been for 25 years literally.
Bookmark and Share

Offline raggamuffin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 02:25:12 AM »
Friend recently died from what exactly and how does it factually correlate to your situation - a person who's been tested twice and shown to have perfectly fine oxygen levels. I think your fears and worries are the only cause. Reduce the stress in your mind and you reduce the stress on your body. It's that simple.

Ed
Bookmark and Share
Feel free to add me on the book of faces - "Ed Raggamuffin Foulds"

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 04:14:23 PM »
I actually went to my primary while my blue line was showing around my lips.  My O2 levels are always perfect.  He told me our lips start to fade as we age and the blue look could be from being warm or cold, etc., but not to worry. I was sure it was congestive heart failure (had just had a perfect EKG when I had a colonoscopy).  He told me I'd have LOADS of other symptoms before the blue lines and the whole lips would be blue.  The next week I went in because I thought my fingernail beds were blue.  Felt pretty stupid when he showed me HIS hands. His were very blue.  It was cold outside and their heater had broken, so it was cold in the bldg.  He told me to put on lipstick if I couldn't stop looking in the mirror and to take an anxiety pill!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ImObsessed

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 10:57:42 PM »
I actually went to my primary while my blue line was showing around my lips.  My O2 levels are always perfect.  He told me our lips start to fade as we age and the blue look could be from being warm or cold, etc., but not to worry. I was sure it was congestive heart failure (had just had a perfect EKG when I had a colonoscopy).  He told me I'd have LOADS of other symptoms before the blue lines and the whole lips would be blue.  The next week I went in because I thought my fingernail beds were blue.  Felt pretty stupid when he showed me HIS hands. His were very blue.  It was cold outside and their heater had broken, so it was cold in the bldg.  He told me to put on lipstick if I couldn't stop looking in the mirror and to take an anxiety pill!

IHadCancer: thanks! that is very helpful!!! I thought I was the only one with a dark lip line around my lips. Not sure if its blue or just dark. I see pictures of people with these brings pink lips and think there is something wrong with me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: lips Oxygen Blue Lips