Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does anyone have 1 physical symptom they focus on  (Read 929 times)

Offline MeridianAD

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone have 1 physical symptom they focus on
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 06:35:23 AM »
Shaking/tremors. When I panic or have high anxiety, I shake a lot. My arms, legs, hands, chest, and jaw all quiver as if I was outside in the cold, and I can't control it, I just shake so much that it's hard to even hold a glass of water in my hand. I focus so much on this, it's the main symptom of my panic attacks... breathlessness / air hunger probably comes in at #2 and is almost as hard to ignore.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pawed

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 04:37:38 AM »
For me it's my pulse. Whenever my heart beats really fast I get scared that I'll go into AF and die (which just makes everything, including my pulse, so much worse). I think I focus on it because not only is it my first symptom of impending panic, but because I once had a 'legitimate' (read: of physical origin) abnormal heart beat.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 07:38:27 PM »
I always focus on the off balance, on a boat "dizzy" feeling. It drives me crazy!! Some days are better than others but it's just as annoying!
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline Jane Sander

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 06:06:05 AM »
I always focus on the off balance, on a boat "dizzy" feeling. It drives me crazy!! Some days are better than others but it's just as annoying!

This was my main symptom also. I could barely walk, and if I got up too fast I would feel extra panicky and dizzy for a number of minutes.

I wrote a piece on it a few months ago, hope this helps some people here. Do let me know if it does! I'm taking notes on these answers and hopefully will write another one soon.

http://www.calmandserenity.com/panic-attacks/panic-attack-symptoms/
Bookmark and Share
I sometimes write for www.calmandserenity.com which is a resource site by a few members of Health Anxiety Forum to help sufferers of panic and anxiety.

http://www.calmandserenity.com

Proud Headspacer :P

Offline Braveheart

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 09:39:37 AM »
I worry about my Heart.

I've had Heart Palps for years without ever taking any notice, however, when I had my first panic attack (18 months ago) those palps have become scary.

I went to A&E, they carried out the usual tests - ECG, Bloodwork, Chest X-Ray etc and it all came back that I was fine. Certainly didn't feel like it. Well since then, any skipped beat or banging Heart scares the life out of me, I always feel as if my Heart isn't working properly, and the funny thing is, I actually don't think that what scares me now is any different to what I have put up with for the years before the panic attack. That Panic attack changed everything for me.

I check my pulse every single day, even when I'm feeling fine. It's madness behaviour, but I can't help it. I've even got to a stage where I'm checking my pulse against my wifes.

I keep telling myself that everything has to be fine. I was checked at the Hospital!!!

After that Hospital check I decided to get back to being as fit as I useed to be, so I started a fitness regime of swimming and walking. I would walk about my City (Edinburgh), and for anyone that knows Edinburgh, it has a lot of steep hills and stairs. During this time I put my Heart through a lot with the swimming and the flights of stairs etc, and not once did I die. I stopped the exercise when I went on holiday and failed to start when I got back. I am now scared to do exercise because I feel my Heart would give out. A vicious circle.

I'm tempted to get back to the Doctors to do some tests again just to give me that peace-of-mind to then start my fitness again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LuLu82

• Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 06:43:43 PM »
I can relate to the off balance, surreal dizzy feeling too.
In fact the other day I considered using a motorized cart to go into walmart after my second try going to the middle of the store B-;
I decided against it though because i thought it was too weird and would strongly reinforce the fear..so instead I just ran out in a panic :laugh3: :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything