Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Trouble sleeping  (Read 116 times)

Offline Mairi

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Trouble sleeping
« on: August 22, 2014, 08:09:42 PM »
These past few nights I haven't slept well. I keep having very disturbing nightmares and then waking up terrified and not being able to go back to sleep, or waking up terrified for no reason and not being able to go back to sleep. There is too much adrenaline reeling through my mind. The dreams are horribly disturbing and are usually about death. Last night I dreamt that people were running about with guns shooting everyone and setting off bombs. One night I was so scared I woke my mother and asked to sleep with her, even though I'm too old for that sort of thing, but she let me. I had one the other night that was so bad I wondered if it was sent from a higher power. How could my brain come up with something like that on its own?
This is why I think this is happening: I've been doing a bit better anxiety-wise. I can do everything feeling mostly normal and I can enjoy things I like (though not fully because I've had thick brain fog) which i wasn't able to do for a while. I've been trying to convince myself everything is alright, because really it is, and I think all the anxiety I would be feeling normally during the day is building up and coming out at night.
I'm thinking about trying to stay up all night tonight to avoid this from happening again. Does have any idea how to keep this from happening besides staying up? Has this happened to you before?
Also, my brain is terribly foggy right now. Any tips for that?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trouble sleeping
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 10:35:37 PM »
The only advice I can give is to remember that it is just a dream. They can't hurt you - it is impossible. When I was younger I had a recurring nightmare that caused me to be anxious about going to sleep. When I raised the concern to my Dad he said, "they are just dreams - after all the times you have had the dream, none of them have hurt you" - and I started to become less worried.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mairi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 11:09:27 PM »
 Thank you. I'll try to remember that. I think will be helpful. :-)
Do you have any idea why I sometimes wake up so scared for no reason?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 11:58:52 PM »
This has happened to me before. And I don't know why to be honest. But when it happened to me, it soon faded away and I would go back to sleep. So I never worried about it. Tell yourself that the worry you wake up with won't harm you.

At the moment, when I try to sleep, I wake up soon afterwards with panic because of sleep. I am in a bad state of mind at the moment with sleep. If you look at my posts you would see I convinced myself I was going to die a couple of days ago. And the reason why I wake up with panic now is because I usually don't get much sleep - and knowing that I didn't get much sleep causes me to panic and further keeps me awake. And this is a vicious circle. A truly horrible one. Especially since sleep deprivation causes more anxiety and well as more irrational thoughts.

I really feel for you when you have trouble sleeping. I truly wish you all the best.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mairi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 12:44:41 AM »
Thank you so much. I hope your situation gets better as well. Good luck. :-)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: