Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Something very weird and scary is happening to me!  (Read 239 times)

Online brittanyborg

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
Something very weird and scary is happening to me!
« on: August 22, 2014, 07:52:33 PM »
Okay, so just as I post today about finally feeling better and making some progress this happens. I'm convinced I'm dying right now.

• My entire lower face and neck is NUMB. Completely numb. On the inside also! It feels numb to swallow, to touch it and to move my face (smile, move my mouth).
  • It's legitimately difficult to breathe and feels very weird when I am breathing. I am huffing and puffing.
  • I'm very dizzy, things are spinning.
  • My body is very hot, I'm sweating
  • I'm 99.9% sure I'm either going to pass out or vomit - if not both
  • I feel as if I've just been sedated - I'm exhausted, my eyes are droopy (I can barely keep them open) and all my surroundings seem weird

Is this just a plain old panic attack? I haven't had one in almost a month, and I've never experienced something like this before. I'm so scared. Is it possible that something is wrong? Should I consider seeing a doctor?
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Something very weird and scary is happening to me!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 08:05:03 PM »
i have a lot of these symptoms as well, i actually just signed onto the forum to make a post about something like this. the hot feeling is the worst, sometimes i feel like i'm burning from the inside out. when you mention the sedated feeling i know what you're talking about too; there are some days where i actually feel downright drunk, i get the brain fog feeling and droopy heavy eyes and everything around me feels foreign and weird. i also get the passing out / vomiting sensation, though i never actually pass out or vomit. and don't even get me started on the dizziness. :dazed:

i don't think it would be a bad idea to see your doctor, not because i think you're seriously ill, but because it typically helps my anxiety when i get to speak to my doctor about my symptoms. i would schedule an appointment mainly just for peace of mind. you're not alone in this! if it helps at all, most dizziness is caused by inner-ear related things and not something sinister. i have to remind myself of this a lot too.
Bookmark and Share

Online Ellsac

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 08:19:31 PM »
Hi Brittany

Sorry you are having a hard time. It sounds like hyperventilation to me. That can cause basically all of your symptoms, and it is very common in anxiety. It is also common for the person to have no clue that they are hyperventilating. I do it all the time. It doesn't have to be rapid and weird, it can just start as shallow (chest breathing), which will make you feel short of breath, and that will cause you to take too many breaths, deeper and deeper, and yawning, followed by yawns that never feel satisfied, etc, and if you start to panic from it, it can get even worse. This causes too much oxygen in the body and not enough carbon dioxide, which results in tingling and numbness, feeling faint, and yes sometimes people can pass out from it, but rarely, and even if that happens, it is not dangerous. It just feels scary dangerous.

You have to try and calm down and build up your CO2 levels. You do this by forcing yourself to take a slow breath in over five seconds, hold the breath for another five, and slowly exhale for about seven seconds. Keep doing this, slowly, until you start to feel a bit better.

Unfortunately, like all things with anxiety, the more you focus on something, the worse it gets, and that is the case with breathing. If you keep paying attention to it, hyperventilation and the like happen easily, and it will make you even more focused on it due to fear.
Bookmark and Share

Online Ellsac

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 08:21:07 PM »
Also, the not feeling real thing is very common, and also a symptom of anxiety/panic.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fordaisy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 10:18:49 PM »
You're ok Brittany, it is a panic attack. Can you take an anxiety pill to help you out?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 10:35:57 PM »
Hi Britt,

I agree with Daisy, the last panic attack - you were thinking - might have been a side effect and was triggered by the Klonopin.  It just might be the dosage was too low... ?

I don't think it is the Klonopin, like you might have thought last time - that triggered that panic attack.  It might be the dosage of Klonopin was too low to prevent the Panic Attack ?

It may be you have a higher tolerance for Ativan or Klonopin, and you might need to take a little higher dose to put the "brakes" on the Panic attacks..

Keep us updated  :action-smiley-065:

We are on your support team...

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: