Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: does my neck look normal? neck questions  (Read 168 times)

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
does my neck look normal? neck questions
« on: August 22, 2014, 07:49:06 PM »
Does it have any lumps or bumps? If I had an issue, would the bumps he obviously noticeable?

What is the bump type thing below the Adams apple? How would I know if I had an enlarged thyroid?
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
Re: does my neck look normal? neck questions
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 07:59:43 PM »
Marie, I'm not trying to be mean AT ALL - you know how similar we are and how much I sympathize with what you're going through. I know how hard this all is, okay? It feels like your life has been taken out of your own hands and someone else is controlling it. It's like being in a video game and someone else has the controller. I'm so sorry that you're going through this, I really really am.

BUT - You need to stop looking for reassurance multiple times a day on multiple different "possible" illnesses, cancers and diseases. By posting here ten times a day you're not making yourself any better at all, it's starting a vicious cycle that you need to end now. You need to take some legitimate and serious steps towards getting better - you have a prescription for a very safe and good anxiety medication, you've had it for about a month now and yet you will not take it. Why not?

I understand how hard and scary this all is. It's terrifying. I get it and I go through the same thing. But you're only hurting yourself right now and I just want to see you get better. You know that being on this site can be a trigger for you. You need to take steps to get out of this anxiety ridden chaotic cycle. I know you can do it. Try limiting yourself to only posting (making a topic) twice a day. I don't want you to get stuck on this, I was in a very similar phase before where I was seeking 24/7 reassurance, and as much as I've been helped by the members here on AZ it's important to remember that none of us have medical degrees - we only have personal experiences and sympathy.
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
Re: does my neck look normal? neck questions
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 08:47:13 PM »
Thanksbbrittany...I know you're right. I know it deep down :/
Bookmark and Share

Tags: